Raiders In Vegas

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: Raiders In Vegas

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Why did the Raiders leave Oakland in the first place? I told my Dad about the relocation and he said it was probably because not a lot of people were seeing them play that much...which is ridiculous :roll: . The Raiders almost won the AFC West last season and I was surprised to see what Jack Del Rio did to turn around the franchise. The Las Vegas Raiders? Ehhh.... :lol: :roll: . Maybe the Las Vegas Gamblers would be pretty cool. :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Why did the Raiders leave Oakland in the first place? I told my Dad about the relocation and he said it was probably because not a lot of people were seeing them play that much...which is ridiculous :roll: . The Raiders almost won the AFC West last season and I was surprised to see what Jack Del Rio did to turn around the franchise. The Las Vegas Raiders? Ehhh.... :lol: :roll: . Maybe the Las Vegas Gamblers would be pretty cool. :D

They can't change the Raider part. That would be a football crime.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:Hopefully they have better barbers in Vegas for this guy:

LOL - my thoughts, exactly.
This is what I wrote, a few posts back:
....maybe now he can afford to visit a professional Barber.
Does anyone remember the "Flow-Bee"? The electric hair trimmer that you hooked up to a vacuum cleaner hose?
To me, he looks like he cuts his hair with one of those....

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 pm

If they're going to rebrand, it should be this:

HT: @sincity_raiders

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:56 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:If they're going to rebrand, it should be this:

HT: @sincity_raiders

Meh. :)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:09 am

They are going to be called "The Las Vegas Strip Raiderettes"

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Interesting thread so far. Here is my $0.02

The venue in Oakland is outdated and borderline rundown (same in San Diego). Oakland (the city) could have avoided the move at about any point in the last 10 years. They just wouldn't play ball (#pun).

Diehard Raiders fans in Oakland will be heart broken for the second time. That sucks, no two ways around it. The league needs to call it quits on relocations for about, oh, the next 15 years after the last couple of seasons.

I've spent some extended time in Vegas. In many ways Vegas is awesome. In other ways, Vegas sucks. However some of my most enjoyable sports conversations with strangers have happened in Vegas. Whether visiting for the weekend or relocated from somewhere else, there are a lot of knowledgeable sports fans in Vegas at any given time.

In regards to it being a mistake for the Raiders to leave the Bay Area, I disagree; the 49ers are more entrenched in the area thanks to the Walsh-era and multiple HOF'ers. There is a lot of competition in the Bay Area for sports dollars and television viewership with multiple sports teams in the northern California TV viewing area (Warriors, Kings, Trailblazers, Lakers, Clippers, A's, Giants, Dodgers, Padres, Angels, Sharks, Kings, Ducks, Chargers, Rams, etc.; plus collegiate sports at Stanford, St. Mary's, USC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, etc; not to mention the surfing, fishing, kyaking, skateboarding, biking, and rollerblading that Californians seem to do more of than people living elsewhere). Frankly, there is too much to do and too much available on TV to watch, so in my opinion moving was a logical position to take... unfortunately the team is moving to the one place where "too much to do" is on overdrive even more than in California. Vegas even bills itself as "The Entertainment Capital of the World" for good reason. Scientific fact: the phrase "there's nothing to do" hasn't been uttered in Vegas since the 1940's.

While the Raiders are winning, they'll do great on merchandise and attendance. For the first 3 or 4 years it'll be one of the "new" things to do in Vegas for out-of-towners and locals alike... after that, give them 2 or 3 consecutive losing seasons and the tides will turn in a hurry.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “Oakland Raiders”