Hypothetical.....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Hypothetical.....

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:38 am

Hi Chargers fans,
I would like to know if you think that keeping Drew Brees back in 2006 free agency would have been a better option compared to keeping philip rivers. And if potentially the chargers would have won a superbowl during LT's prime with brees as qb over rivers? Again not hating on either quarterback, but just want to hear from some charger fans their opinion for fun..... :D
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Hypothetical.....

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Hypothetical.....

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:03 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Hi Chargers fans,
I would like to know if you think that keeping Drew Brees back in 2006 free agency would have been a better option compared to keeping philip rivers. And if potentially the chargers would have won a superbowl during LT's prime with brees as qb over rivers? Again not hating on either quarterback, but just want to hear from some charger fans their opinion for fun..... :D

Hey ultimatum,
My brother is HUGE Chargers fan. He feels really betrayed by their flight to L.A., as he should.....but that's a topic for another thread.

All things staying the same, but Brees is in SD? No Super Bowl for the Chargers..
I think the Sean Payton/Drew Brees combo was the reason for their Championship.
Chargers fans support Rivers, for the most part, but they probably would have LOVED Brees. However, if he had stayed with SD, Brees never would have gotten that ring.
Could the Saints have still won that Super Bowl with Rivers? Maybe, maybe not.
I think Brees would have still had a Hall of Fame career in SD, but no Championship.
I do believe it was the perfect chemistry of HC Payton and staff, Brees' stellar play, and the overall talent of that team.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:09 am

I'm starting to wonder if we have any active Chargers fans on this site. I can't think of any.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 am

Probably not many. The few that would have been fans were likely turned off by the news. I know one friend of mine has changed allegiances from Chargers to Raiders, and I can't say I blame him. Makes me sad I won't be able to rib him about losing to the Browns, though. :(

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:27 pm

NickyJ wrote:Probably not many. The few that would have been fans were likely turned off by the news. I know one friend of mine has changed allegiances from Chargers to Raiders, and I can't say I blame him. Makes me sad I won't be able to rib him about losing to the Browns, though. :(
JSamuel wrote:I'm starting to wonder if we have any active Chargers fans on this site. I can't think of any.

I am for the Bears, through and through.
However, I also do consider myself a fan of the Chargers and the Browns.
I really know how how to pick a winner, don't I?

Not a die-hard fan, but I do follow them....well, I did. I still haven't decided if I am going to drop them completely, but I am leaning toward that.
I feel for their true fans, though. They are few and far between, as it is.
My brother has been to a handful of Chargers home games. He said that more often, than not, in the stadium there were more fans for the opposing team than for the Chargers.
A lot more. He said a couple times it was close to a 2-1 ratio.
Now that they've moved, Chargers fans might go extinct. They'll be the stuff of legends and folk-tales, like Big-Foot, or Slender Man.
There will be grainy, pov cell phone videos of someone walking through a dark forest, wearing a Tomlinson jersey.

What's worse, is the NFL fans who live in Los Angeles DON"T even want them there.
At least, that's what several sports media outlets want us to believe.
I actually do believe it, to a certain degree

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 pm

They will play in the smallest stadium of the league...
the LA Galaxy's Stadium... 30k aprox....

very strange move by the chargers... only for profit i think...

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:23 pm

achernar wrote:They will play in the smallest stadium of the league...
the LA Galaxy's Stadium... 30k aprox....

very strange move by the chargers... only for profit i think...

Do they think they'll sell more tickets?

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 am

in the future... maybe

they will split the Stadium with the Rams, correct?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 am

achernar wrote:in the future... maybe

they will split the Stadium with the Rams, correct?

The Rams are working on building this:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Probably not many. The few that would have been fans were likely turned off by the news. I know one friend of mine has changed allegiances from Chargers to Raiders, and I can't say I blame him. Makes me sad I won't be able to rib him about losing to the Browns, though. :(
JSamuel wrote:I'm starting to wonder if we have any active Chargers fans on this site. I can't think of any.

I am for the Bears, through and through.
However, I also do consider myself a fan of the Chargers and the Browns.
I really know how how to pick a winner, don't I?

Not a die-hard fan, but I do follow them....well, I did. I still haven't decided if I am going to drop them completely, but I am leaning toward that.
I feel for their true fans, though. They are few and far between, as it is.
My brother has been to a handful of Chargers home games. He said that more often, than not, in the stadium there were more fans for the opposing team than for the Chargers.
A lot more. He said a couple times it was close to a 2-1 ratio.
Now that they've moved, Chargers fans might go extinct. They'll be the stuff of legends and folk-tales, like Big-Foot, or Slender Man.
There will be grainy, pov cell phone videos of someone walking through a dark forest, wearing a Tomlinson jersey.

What's worse, is the NFL fans who live in Los Angeles DON"T even want them there.
At least, that's what several sports media outlets want us to believe.
I actually do believe it, to a certain degree

Lol this was an epic response Q! I laughed hard when you said "grainy tomlinson jersey wearing fan walking through the woods" lol hahahah......

I agree with your comment about brees/payton otherwise brees may have become a backup qb or out of the league if he signed with someone else.

As far as the chargers moving, I think its stupid because LA is already a crowded sports market even with the Rams moving there and the Raiders and 49ers close by. That's 4 NFL teams in one state! IN order to move merchandise/tickets the teams have to be really good because LA fans hate sucky teams. The only teams that are watchable right now are the raiders (due to their great season this past year for once lol) and maybe the chargers the other teams are dumpster fires that need a lot of work. Just from a purely financial perspective I think going into an already crowded market like LA is a bad move in terms of moving tickets/merchandise along with the pressure of winning/media that the big cities bring.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Los Angeles Chargers”