Im very pround of my Bucs so far (Look out!)

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 am

i suppose its easy to say this, but hearing what type of coach greg schiano is, briefly seeing what type of mentality he brings to the team, and after watching the 1st preseason game, the bucs run offense is one of the best ive ever seen in the NFL (yes you can access talent in the preseason).. we have 3 probowlers on our OL, one that we just swiped from the saints. the 4th o-lineman is jeremy trueblood who's specialty is run blocking. and the 5th o-lineman is a nice young former T/G starting the year at center (jeremy zuttah). as for running backs, if you are into fantasy football you better try to pick up rookie doug martin. at 5'9 223 he isnt a downfield runner however he has great vision, can catch/block, and should really excel behind our OL. and if martin happens to go down, make sure to pick up le'garrette blount. 3rd rb michael smith shows a lot of potential as well.. offensive coordinator mike sullivan, former qb & wr coach for the giants, cited as the major reason for eli's success, should help bring josh freeman back onto the radar, who will make it hard for defenses to cover just the run, with help by tampa's VERY DEEP wide receiver corp, led by vincent jackson, mike williams, arrerlious benn, preston parker, tiquan underwood, sammie stroughter. greg schiano is returning to the nfl after coaching rutgers. he shows a lot of discipline, and is run oriented which helps the whole team begin in the trenches.

bucs 1st team DL showed good pass rush but are a little thin after that. should help when da'quan bowers returns from injury. aqib talib is a shutdown corner and makes a lot of ints other cb's cant. the linebackers are getting better with lavonte david and mason foster. ronde barber is playing free safety, which is perfect for him, although he is getting older. rookie safety mark barron should be a nice pickup to help stop the run. our defensive coordinator was the linebackers coach & defensive coordinator for the giants back in 2009 for 4 years.

our general manager mark dominik is also the man. finally we are able to see all the pieces start to fit.. unfortunately when we won the superbowl with jon gruden, the general manager at the time, rich mckay, sabotaged the bucs. previous to the superbowl he had been drafting many scrubs, traded away endless early round draft picks, and also gave nobodies fat contracts, making us bankrupt for many years, and also preventing us from resigning guys like warren sapp & john lynch, before leaving to the atlanta falcons where he still resides.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Im very pround of my Bucs so far (Look out!)

Postby truetothegame13 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:53 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... neers-game

leave it to belichick's roided pats D :(
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:10 am

Call me a detractor, then.

1. Greg Schiano has struggled to compete in college football in the weak Big East since the Cinderella season of '06, when Wake Forest somehow only lost two as well. 2006 has been the only time Rutgers was ranked at season's end during Schiano's entire eleven-year tenure.

2. College coaches, even the most spectacular of them, crash and burn with a miserably high rate of failure in the big leagues. See: Steve Spurrier, Bud Wilkinson, Lou Holtz, Dick MacPherson, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, Mike Riley, Dennis Erickson, Dave Wannstedt, Rich Brooks, Lane Kiffin, Frank Kush. I'm sure there's more. (Jimmy Johnson is your sole exception. Dick Vermeil only coached in the NCAA for two years, Tom Coughlin only coached at BC for three years, Pete Carroll hasn't done anything of note in the NFL, Bill Walsh's college accomplishments pale next to his NFL success, and Jim Harbaugh has been a pro coach for one year.)

3. Josh Freeman was a turnover machine in college, and only appeared to regress in 2011.

4. Tom Coughlin's knowledge of the passing game is the reason for the Giants' success, on top of Spagnuolo's XLII defensive scheme.

5. Davin Joseph just went down for the season, thinning out the offensive line depth a bit.

6. How long before the wheels fall off of a 1,000-year-old Ronde Barber at free safety? I like the guy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and personally say he'll end up like Aeneas Williams with the 2001 Rams, but it's a definite question mark. Mark Barron doesn't hurt right now.

7. That is not a deep WR corps. Vincent Jackson is good, but the rest of those receivers are either unproven or unimpressive.

8. The Bucs' front office is still a joke, though not as bad as the one that selected the second-most overhyped player in history, Carnell Williams. Nearly three million for a washed-up Dallas Clark over Kellen Winslow Jr.? Five million a year for a corner with no cover skills, no tackling skills, and behavior problems?* ("MILLEN ON LSD-LACED KIELBASA. This is the worst signing in NFL history. That sentence is not an exaggeration. Eric Wright is terrible. [...] He's been torched numerous times per week over the past few seasons. Detroit and Cleveland fans know how bad Wright is, and the Buccaneers are about to find out. Seriously, what the hell was Mark Dominik thinking? He couldn't have been sober when he made this transaction. I refuse to believe it. A plausible explanation is that Matt Millen snuck into his office, strangled him, shoved some LSD-laced kielbasa into the general manager's back side, and then slipped Wright's agent's number into his hand. When Dominik awoke, he was still delirious, so he thought that paying $37.5 million to one of the worst cornerbacks on the market was a great idea.")
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 pm

MILLEN ON LSD-LACED KIELBASA. This is the worst signing in NFL history. That sentence is not an exaggeration. Eric Wright is terrible.

:lol: :lol: I love walterfootball's reviews on players. Eric Wright is terrible....
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Sidelion wrote:1. Greg Schiano has struggled to compete in college football in the weak Big East since the Cinderella season of '06, when Wake Forest somehow only lost two as well. 2006 has been the only time Rutgers was ranked at season's end during Schiano's entire eleven-year tenure.

2. College coaches, even the most spectacular of them, crash and burn with a miserably high rate of failure in the big leagues. See: Steve Spurrier, Bud Wilkinson, Lou Holtz, Dick MacPherson, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, Mike Riley, Dennis Erickson, Dave Wannstedt, Rich Brooks, Lane Kiffin, Frank Kush. I'm sure there's more. (Jimmy Johnson is your sole exception. Dick Vermeil only coached in the NCAA for two years, Tom Coughlin only coached at BC for three years, Pete Carroll hasn't done anything of note in the NFL, Bill Walsh's college accomplishments pale next to his NFL success, and Jim Harbaugh has been a pro coach for one year.)

at first i was against us signing greg schiano for the same reason you state. but mark dominik added a lot of coaching support, im impressed with how schiano didnt want to come back to the nfl, but the bucs caught his eye, for the same reason theyve had my trust even during all of the losing. trust me, i know bad football. ive been a bucs fan for the last 16 years. but mark dominik has been pushing them in the right direction. and also i love how hes (schiano) influenced the players on & off the field.

Sidelion wrote:3. Josh Freeman was a turnover machine in college, and only appeared to regress in 2011.

in respect, ive noticed its easy for non-buc fans to judge josh freeman's career on last years performance, or what "he hasnt done", however he was lacking support from his last offensive coordinator, 2011 sophmore bust/party animal mike williams, from the 1 dimensional leggarette blount, his young receiving squad/who were also causing a lot of tipped ints & other miscues. along with absolutely no help from the defense. our defense let opponents walk down the field all year long, just like they did your lions in week 1, which adds more pressure to freeman. freeman is a good nfl qb. with the proper support he could be a top 7 qb.

Sidelion wrote:4. Tom Coughlin's knowledge of the passing game is the reason for the Giants' success, on top of Spagnuolo's XLII defensive scheme.

idk, even wiki bluntly sites that mike sullivan was the one who personally transformed eli manning.

Sidelion wrote:6. How long before the wheels fall off of a 1,000-year-old Ronde Barber at free safety?

yea i know barber should be in diapers by now. we just let go of tanard jackson due to conduct issues, so we're just going to have to focus on a replacement as time goes on. only so much we can do in so little time. barber is a good coverage DB, and tackler, for now.

Sidelion wrote:7. That is not a deep WR corps. Vincent Jackson is good, but the rest of those receivers are either unproven or unimpressive.

i think vincent jackson taking over the #1 spot, giving mike williams a taste of his "superb work ethic", and spreading the defense will help mike williams return to where he was a year ago. arrelious benn is young & missed a lot of playing time his rookie year due to injury. he is truly talented with great hands. he just needs playing time to develop. last year preston parker was a special third down target. tiquan underwood is very underrated. in the 1st preseason game he made an absolute amazing deep catch right between 2 defenders, and thats not all he has shown. if the patriots didnt cut him the night before the superbowl they probably would have won.. sammie stroughter was banged up last year, but before that as a #1 & #2 wr, when he got enough space he caught every pass that was thrown to him. hes not fast but hes a great route runner. with vincent jackson, mike williams, benn, underwood, stroughter, parker at #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, they will truely be one of the most difficult receiving corps to keep up with.

Sidelion wrote:8. The Bucs' front office is still a joke, though not as bad as the one that selected the second-most overhyped player in history, Carnell Williams.

his rookie year he had the most rushing yards in his 1st 3 games than any other back in NFL history. when healthy he was truly hard to stop, & exciting to watch (adrian peterson- esque). unfortunately jon gruden was a hard *** & killed him. carnell didnt have the best receiving skills, but imo he could have gotten better in the right system.

Sidelion wrote:Nearly three million for a washed-up Dallas Clark over Kellen Winslow Jr.? Five million a year for a corner with no cover skills, no tackling skills, and behavior problems?

these were puzzling moves even to me, however dont underestimate mark dominik. im not going to judge this until i let it pan out.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:27 am

Caddilac Williams was amongst the best running backs in the NFL when healthy. Only thing that stopped him was blowing out his knees.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

truetothegame13
MVP

spot on predictions i made about my Bucs

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 am

i was spot on with these predictions

truetothegame13 wrote:if you are into fantasy football you better try to pick up rookie doug martin. at 5'9 223 he isnt a downhill runner however he has great vision, can catch/block, and should really excel behind our OL.

i think vincent jackson taking over the #1 spot, giving mike williams a taste of his "superb work ethic", and spreading the defense will help mike williams return to where he was a year ago.

he (josh freeman) was lacking support from his last offensive coordinator, 2011 sophmore bust/party animal mike williams, from the 1 dimensional leggarette blount, his young receiving squad/who were also causing a lot of tipped ints & other miscues. along with absolutely no help from the defense. our defense let opponents walk down the field all year long, just like they did your lions in week 1, which adds more pressure to freeman. freeman is a good nfl qb. with the proper support he could be a top 7 qb.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

You were spot on for most of them. However, you measured the QBs by passing TDs... If you rearrange it by QBR, Freeman is last on the list, and by a good deal.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Tampa Bay Buccaneers”