The Quality of Football

mytreds
Pro Bowl

Re: The Quality of Football

Postby mytreds » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:26 pm

I find it hard to watch games because the players are as exciting as sawdust. Growing up I could name plenty of the names of players on opposing teams, both big and small. Nowadays, I look at team rosters and go "Who are these guys? Never heard of them." Aside from Mahomes, Rodgers, and Brady, I don't think many casual fans can name regular players in the NFL.

What else? Defenses play way too soft, CBs give up ten yards when covering a wide receiver every play. Feels like I never see bump and run anymore...QBs scramble too much, the ego of the modern QB is highest its ever been...I too miss the smashmouth running game, which is why I love D Henry...kickers can't kick anymore, you rarely see a game without a missed kick...female referees (yeah I went there)...not being able to listen to national games on the radio...having to subscribe to a network to watch a game...I could go on, but I'll stop there for now :lol:

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:32 pm

The only thing I miss is running fullbacks. Ones like Le'Ron McClain, Leonard Weaver, John Kuhn, etc.

Return to “NFL Football”