2022 Playoff Discussion

RevanFan
Legend

Re: 2022 Playoff Discussion

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:53 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:There were a LOT of blowouts in the wild card round. Not a good showing for the sport, frankly.

*Points at the 7th seeds*
Mostly because of those. The other games (other than Arizona forgetting how to football) were not bad.

No there were four blowouts, and only two 7th seeds. And adding the 7th seed might be and issue or might not. I'm not sure what is.

I saw one person on Twitter I think say something along the lines of "how is it bad when the NFL expands the playoffs, but good when college does it?" Frankly I don't know one single thing about college football, but I assume they have fewer teams in the playoffs than the NFL does.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:46 pm

Since there were so many blowouts, is it likely the NFL will expand the playoff teams and format sooner than later?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:42 am

MikeWest502 wrote:Since there were so many blowouts, is it likely the NFL will expand the playoff teams and format sooner than later?

It already is expanded. The 7th seed is new as of... last year, I think?
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:28 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Since there were so many blowouts, is it likely the NFL will expand the playoff teams and format sooner than later?

I'm not talking about last year's expansion. I'm talking about the viability of the league moving to the 16 team playoff format that's being discussed. They've been talking about expanding the number of teams to 40. Creating two new 4 team divisions. In the article I read, it stated the idea moving to 40 teams with the 16 team playoff format is very possible.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:36 am

RevanFan wrote:

give it time. It'll get better as time goes on. When the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams in 1990, it took until 2005 for a 6th seed to win a Super Bowl.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:08 pm

It always happens whenever Tennessee gets a 1st round bye they get knocked out.....too many missed opportunities today especially with Tannehill.

I'll be rooting for the Bills and Packers to make it to the final dance! 8-)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 pm

I very much want the Packers to lose. I can't stand Rodgers.

I picked them to win, but I'd love to see him sad haha.
My Cowboys Journal

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:59 pm

Well, I didn't foresee the 49ers winning that one. Wow.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

mytreds
Pro Bowl

Postby mytreds » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:30 am

Danchat wrote:Well, I didn't foresee the 49ers winning that one. Wow.

Same. The Niners D has really stepped it up when it’s counted.

I’m sure the pro-vax crowd will have a field day taking the piss out of Rodgers tomorrow. Ultimately it doesn’t matter- he’s a HoF QB.

How sweet would it be to see Jimmy G vs Brady? I don’t think I can stand watching the Niners face off against LA a third time.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:24 am

mytreds wrote:
Danchat wrote:Well, I didn't foresee the 49ers winning that one. Wow.

Same. The Niners D has really stepped it up when it’s counted.

I’m sure the pro-vax crowd will have a field day taking the piss out of Rodgers tomorrow. Ultimately it doesn’t matter- he’s a HoF QB.

How sweet would it be to see Jimmy G vs Brady? I don’t think I can stand watching the Niners face off against LA a third time.

True, some people wanted to see him lose just based on his stance this season. However, they can't take away the fact he is a great baller even if his postseason record has not been successful lately the fact he still has his team in the playoffs every year shows consistency and greatness.

Even though he's way better than Love, I think the Packers will decide to walk and save money on rebuilding. Don't be surprised to see a team like the Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jaguars or Washington pursue him as a starting qb for their offense. Many of these teams have solid defenses that are missing the offensive punch to make a playoff run.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “NFL Football”