Rams and Lions switch QBs

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:10 am

Do the Rams just not like 1st round picks?

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Rams and Lions switch QBs

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:22 am

Austinmario13 wrote:Do the Rams just not like 1st round picks?

Maybe they are adopting the Patriots' style during Tom Brady era.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:33 am

Just my opinion, but I think the Rams got taken to the cleaners in that deal.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:17 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:Just my opinion, but I think the Rams got taken to the cleaners in that deal.

No that's definitely true. Stafford might be able to put them over the top but I feel like he got out of Detroit too late. Plus the amount of first rounders the Lions got, I think they definitely won.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:57 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:Just my opinion, but I think the Rams got taken to the cleaners in that deal.

No that's definitely true. Stafford might be able to put them over the top but I feel like he got out of Detroit too late. Plus the amount of first rounders the Lions got, I think they definitely won.

Stafford is better than Goff, but not "two Firsts and a Third" better. Bad deal.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:39 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:

Stafford is better than Goff, but not "two Firsts and a Third" better. Bad deal.

Matt Stafford is just another mediocre QB. He had outstanding weapons in Marvin Jones Jr, Kenny Golladay & T.J Hokkinsen for Detroit than the Rams currently do! He didn't lead the Lions anywhere, never won any division titles! He had Darrell Bevell as OC last season and showed no improvements. He's been there 12 years, never lead the league's QB's in any noteworthy stat. The Rams clearly over paid for him! What ever they see in him is simply wishful! The Lions should use those picks for defensive players & maybe they'll win more that 6 games in the near future! Lions clearly rebuild from here!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:28 pm

The rumor now is McVay couldn't stand Goff.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:02 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:The rumor now is McVay couldn't stand Goff.

I could agree with that. McVay's offensive scheme is very bland, not creative and limited. His QB's are simply required to manage the game behind a good run game with play action similar to the Titans offense. So when Goff under performed in that simple scheme, I could see McVay being upset and disappointed! So he thinks Stafford can do better, huh?

Rewind 3 weeks ago, put Stafford in that offense and send him up to Green Bay to face them in the playoffs! What's going to change? Not a dam thing! The Packers & Rogers OWN Stafford for 12 seasons running and have his head stuffed on the wall in their trophy room labeled "Always ripe for pickin"! :lol:

Lions fans in Detroit feel they finally did something right!

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:45 pm

You should see some of the posts I'm seeing on Facebook on some of the Rams pages there. The amount of bile being directed at Jared Goff is unbelievable considering that he got us to the Super Bowl two years ago. Rams fans on several pages are saying that he was never a good QB, that he didn't get us to the Super Bowl the defense did, that we are better off without him, "good riddance to bad rubbish" and so on.

Those same people are convinced that now that we have Stafford as our starting QB that we have already won Super Bowl LVI. As far as some of my fellow Rams fans are concerned he is the missing link towards winning another Lombardi. Never mind that we still have free agents of our own to re-sign, a linebacking corps to replenish, an offensive line to shore up, a speed demon of a wide receiver to draft or sign in free agency, etc.

Eh not so much - Goff's extension was going to put the Rams over a barrel salary cap wise. As long as that deal was in place we were going to have to let go of some prized free agents, Leonard Floyd and John Johnson III for starters. Getting rid of Goff's contract chalks it up as a big win for the Rams, plus there are reports that Goff was being criticized for a lack of work ethic and that he lost the respect of the locker room. So getting him and his contract out of there and getting Stafford in puts it as a win in the Rams column.

MikeWest502 wrote:Matt Stafford is just another mediocre QB. He had outstanding weapons in Marvin Jones Jr, Kenny Golladay & T.J Hokkinsen for Detroit than the Rams currently do! He didn't lead the Lions anywhere, never won any division titles! He had Darrell Bevell as OC last season and showed no improvements. He's been there 12 years, never lead the league's QB's in any noteworthy stat. The Rams clearly over paid for him! What ever they see in him is simply wishful! The Lions should use those picks for defensive players & maybe they'll win more that 6 games in the near future! Lions clearly rebuild from here!

He's also been playing for the most dysfunctional franchise outside of Houston. He's never had a running game to speak of which meant that he had to try to win games with his arm. Even that wasn't good enough due to the Lions defense being unable to stop anybody. Not to mention that their offensive line is made out of Swiss Cheese so he had to run for his life on more than a few occasions. He may have had Darrell Bevell as his OC, but remember that he had Matt Patricia as his HC!!! And now Patricia is back with New England which is why Stafford stated that he wouldn't accept any trade that would send him to the Patriots.

Sean McVay is the main reason why Stafford wanted to come play for the Rams. Handing off to Cam Akers, throwing to Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Higbee and having Andrew Whitworth watching his blindside looked very appealing to Stafford. And now there are reports that Marvin Jones Jr. and Kenny Golladay are looking to join him in L.A.

There are still some Rams fans however that are still holding out for a possible trade to bring DeShaun Watson to the Rams. However, some details are now coming out about what the Texans were asking for via Eric Dickerson. According to ED the Texans wanted 2 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders, a 3rd rounder, Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey in exchange for Watson.

Yeah. If Les Snead had done that deal Rams fans would have stormed the Rams offices with pitchforks and torches looking to put Snead's head on a pike outside SoFi Stadium.
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:20 pm

They paid him (Goff) the highest salary any NFL player had at the time because he did lead them to the SB. He was McVay's guy, then! All be it, behind Todd Gurley's efforts, they made their run! But they failed in the SB because McVay's offensive scheme is easy to defend once you stop the run game! Robert Woods is NOT a killer nor a true NFL No.1 WR. Nor is Cooper Kupp. I do like Kupp, he is very talented, but too often injured to really make an impact for a complete season!

While in Detroit, for years, Stafford constantly made poor game loosing decisions costing the lions chances over and over for 12 seasons! Enough was enough! What ever they (Rams) see in him is simply wishful! The slippers must be Red, have crystal glass and be clicked only 3 times!

Stafford could never win games on his own talent and never carried the team! There's a stat that goes: Matt Stafford is 10-59 vs playoff teams! :P So the Rams get what they paid for! Don't forget, he IS also very injury prone!

Like I said, Detroit fans are feeling "NO LOVE LOST" in getting "rid" of Stafford! The Rams can have the 12 season underachiever! Just remember, Stafford was the reason Megatron retired early! And McVay is no offensive genius! Jones Jr. & Golladay probably want out because Bevell is gone, now in Jacksonville!

The reports also state the Rams are going to give this a 2-3 year trial! So even if they go to the playoffs (which they've already achieved minus Stafford), but don't win the SB, it's a failure! Who will be the blame, McVay or Stafford?

He's not going to do for the Rams what Carson Palmer did for the Cardinals! And Goff has an opportunity to get better, and prove who he really is! He's young! Yes, he made mistakes last season and was careless with the football. But Stafford has been that way for 12 seasons with nothing to show for it except L's and backend stats! I'm already looking forward to next season ending to see how this plays out!

Return to “NFL Football”