4%
No
43%

Total votes: 28

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Is the NFL rigged/fixed?

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 31, 2019 3:38 am

sarcasticface wrote:As for RevanFan, I get what you mean. But, just note, Brady had one of the worst combines ever by a QB.

And combine performance is relevant to his career is what way exactly? There are many who do poorly there, or don't even get invited, and end up having great careers.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 am

RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:As for RevanFan, I get what you mean. But, just note, Brady had one of the worst combines ever by a QB.

And combine performance is relevant to his career is what way exactly? There are many who do poorly there, or don't even get invited, and end up having great careers.

Brady was just lucky because he was drafted by a genius. Drafted by anyone else, no one even knows what a Tom Brady is. He also would’ve retired like 15 years ago.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri May 31, 2019 12:35 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Brady was just lucky because he was drafted by a genius. Drafted by anyone else, no one even knows what a Tom Brady is. He also would’ve retired like 15 years ago.

I think you're giving way too much credit to Belichick. Brady seems to have the same trait that Michael Jordan had, they hate to lose at anything. Plus, Brady is one of the most intelligent QBs I've ever seen with an amazingly fast release. If Belichick is such a genius, why wasn't he able to take the Browns down a similar path when he was coach there from 1991 - 1995? The Browns were not terrible when he took over (they had made it to the AFC Championship game just two years prior), but he left there with a 36-44 record. If anyone is lucky it's Belichick, Brady has made him look like a genius, IMO.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Fri May 31, 2019 12:45 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:And combine performance is relevant to his career is what way exactly? There are many who do poorly there, or don't even get invited, and end up having great careers.

I think you're giving way too much credit to Belichick. Brady seems to have the same trait that Michael Jordan had, they hate to lose at anything. Plus, Brady is one of the most intelligent QBs I've ever seen with an amazingly fast release. If Belichick is such a genius, why wasn't he able to take the Browns down a similar path when he was coach there from 1991 - 1995? The Browns were not terrible when he took over (they had made it to the AFC Championship game just two years prior), but he left there with a 36-44 record. If anyone is lucky it's Belichick, Brady has made him look like a genius, IMO.

:|

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Fri May 31, 2019 5:32 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Brady was just lucky because he was drafted by a genius. Drafted by anyone else, no one even knows what a Tom Brady is. He also would’ve retired like 15 years ago.

:|

I am surprised at all of you. Shame, shame, shame on you troopers! Bill is the GOAT of coaching passing Shula, Walsh and EVERYBODY you can think of past or present! The facts that he didn't do so great his first coaching stint is not totally on him. But the time spent there was very significant in becoming the GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME! Barr none!

Enjoy this factoid:

Belichick began his coaching career in 1975 and became the defensive coordinator for New York Giants head coach Bill Parcells by 1985. Parcells and Belichick won two Super Bowls together before Belichick left to become the head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 1991. He remained in Cleveland for five seasons but was fired following the team's 1995 season. He then rejoined Parcells, first in New England, where the team lost Super Bowl XXXI, and later with the New York Jets.

After being named head coach of the Jets, Belichick resigned after only one day on the job to accept the head coaching job for the New England Patriots on January 27, 2000. Since then, he has led the Patriots to 16 AFC East division titles, 13 appearances in the AFC Championship Game, and nine Super Bowl appearances, with a record six wins. Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles in total from his combined time as an assistant and head coach. Boom! :D :lol: :oops:

Belichick is the NFL's longest-tenured active head coach, as well as the first all-time in playoff coaching wins with 31 and third in regular season coaching wins in the NFL with 261.[4] He is one of only three head coaches who have won six NFL titles.[5] He was named the AP NFL Coach of the Year for the 2003, 2007, and 2010 seasons!

Ball don't lie! Neither does his numbers! Annnnnd speaking like a frightened little boy, "He's not done YET!!!"

He is like Wil-E Kyote... Super Genius! :lol:

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Fri May 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Oh and imagine if he had stayed with the Browns during their move to Baltimore. They did draft Ray Lewis that draft btw!!! He and Brian Bilick teamed up! And just maybe Bill still drafts Tom 4 years later!!!! IJS, but wow!

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:17 pm

I think that belichick is definitely heads and tales above all the other coaches but I also think he maybe cheating somehow....... he seems to know something the other coaches don't know and he may have figured something out just before he took the NE job...... I thought he was great in Cleveland i just think he didn't have the talent there

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:26 pm

TeeNice wrote: Since then, he has led the Patriots to 16 AFC East division titles, 13 appearances in the AFC Championship Game, and nine Super Bowl appearances, with a record six wins. Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles in total from his combined time as an assistant and head coach.

Without Brady he has 1/3 of those titles at best, IMO.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:26 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
TeeNice wrote: Since then, he has led the Patriots to 16 AFC East division titles, 13 appearances in the AFC Championship Game, and nine Super Bowl appearances, with a record six wins. Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles in total from his combined time as an assistant and head coach.

Without Belichick, no one knows who Brady is and he leaves in 2004 with no rings, and more INTs than TDs.

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:

Raw numbers break down to percentages. He's off the charts.
0ver 18 seasons:

88% Division Titles Win 16 of 18
72% AFC Title Appearances 13 of 18
50% Super Bowl Appearances 9 of 18 - Who does that? Some teams haven't got to visit one bowl yet!
33% Super Bowl Wins 6 of 18
66% Super Bowls Played and won 6 of 9
Most Playoff Wins ever too!

Name one better please?? Bill is undisputed guys!

Return to “NFL Football”