2019 Mock Draft

Danchat
Hall of Fame

2019 Mock Draft

Postby Danchat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 pm

With just 9 days until draft day, I'm going to take a crack at predicting the picks. There are two QB-related trades in this draft, with bold representing the team that moved up and italics defining the team that moved down.

I'm testing out a new format, as I'm uploading a picture with the whole mock. If it doesn't fit on your screen, try zooming in or viewing the image in a new tab.

Any thoughts?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

2019 Mock Draft

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: 2019 Mock Draft

Postby mee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:31 pm

The Giants traded away Odell and clearly don't have a plan, so I'll predict they draft a 4th round QB prospect in the 1st round.

Sadly I can't really disagree..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:36 pm

For the Redskins, I doubt we'll be trading up. We have been courting a few QBs in the draft, and have heard some talk tying us to Josh Rosen, but I wouldn't be surprised for us to take our chances on a Case of the Keenums. That, and I kind of really want to have Keenum + Peterson wipe the floor with Kirk Cousins.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm

I'd say PIT puts priority on finding a CB to replace an aging, getting expensive Joe Haden, rather than replacing AB right away, atleast with the 1st round pick (That, and they won't get Marquise. That would an all too easy way to add more drama than they need). They'll still add a WR, but later.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm

mee wrote:
The Giants traded away Odell and clearly don't have a plan, so I'll predict they draft a 4th round QB prospect in the 1st round.

Sadly I can't really disagree..

I'll guess that they'll go ahead and draft D.K. Metcalf or Marquise Brown to make up for trading OBJ (still processing that last bit, BTW). And since they think Eli has about forever left, they'll probably ignore QB until the late rounds (or will add Blake Bortles or something like that)
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm

There is NO Fing way the Steelers will take Antonio Brown's cousin Marquis Brown...in the first round. They will take either Byron Murphy or Devin Bush...WR is not a #1 priority....
Of the 33 players the Steelers hosted, they met with eight linebackers, seven running backs, six cornerbacks, four wide receivers, three safeties, three tight ends, one defensive end and one offensive lineman.
they have WRs Switzer and Rogers as slots...plus Moncrief was signed to be #2WR and they have Washington from last years draft..late round yes but not #1 pick
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 pm

NYG, Denver and Cincy will take QBs... Oakland will take a RB or WR with the 4th..Washington will take a WR or Edge rusher..that draft looks like Charles Davis' first mock...
NFL NETWORK...
Casserly, Davis, Schrager, Zierlien and Brooks.. for the Steelers is CB ..Byron Murphy..IQ is high and is willing to run support.
Reuter-LB Devin Bush
Jeremiah- CB Lonnie Johnson
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:40 pm

BUS36 wrote:There is NO Fing way the Steelers will take Antonio Brown's cousin Marquis Brown...in the first round. They will take either Byron Murphy or Devin Bush...WR is not a #1 priority....
Of the 33 players the Steelers hosted, they met with eight linebackers, seven running backs, six cornerbacks, four wide receivers, three safeties, three tight ends, one defensive end and one offensive lineman.
they have WRs Switzer and Rogers as slots...plus Moncrief was signed to be #2WR and they have Washington from last years draft..late round yes but not #1 pick

Huh, well I didn't realize they were cousins. I did forget that Moncrief was signed, but I still think that group could use another WR. First round may not be the right time for that, however.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “NFL Football”