The Ravens traded Flacco to Denver

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 pm

This was a clear move in the Baltimore side. Flacco is old, seriously regressed since 2012, and the Ravens do have a franchise QB in the making in Lamar Jackson (Of course, as soon as he prefers throwing over running).That said ... the heck was John Elway thinkikng with this? Flacco is old and has seriously regressed since 2012. He's more of a stop-gap guy at this point (If they bother drafting a QB at all, considering the Broncos recent success at drafting QBs), which Case Keenum also happens to be.

What you think about all this?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Re: The Ravens traded Flacco to Denver

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Eh. Not much. I mean, he's an alright QB, nothing great, though.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 pm

jose21crisis wrote:This was a clear move in the Baltimore side. Flacco is old, seriously regressed since 2012, and the Ravens do have a franchise QB in the making in Lamar Jackson (Of course, as soon as he prefers throwing over running).That said ... the heck was John Elway thinkikng with this? Flacco is old and has seriously regressed since 2012. He's more of a stop-gap guy at this point (If they bother drafting a QB at all, considering the Broncos recent success at drafting QBs), which Case Keenum also happens to be.

What you think about all this?

Hey, don't knock a running quarterback. His mechanics and footwork certainly need tidying, sure, but a QB with legit legs can change a game.

As for the Broncos... For a guy who knows a lot about quarterbacks, Elway sure can't seem to find one.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Well, that's one way to burn a 4th round pick. Have fun paying Flacco $18.5M this season!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Flacco is a stop gap at the QB position...Look for the Broncos to trade up in the first round and try to get Murray.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

WilfordDon
Rookie

Postby WilfordDon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:17 am

BUS36 wrote:Flacco is a stop gap at the QB position...Look for probiotics for gut health and the Broncos to trade up in the first round and try to get Murray.

How many teams are seriously interested in Murray btw?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 am

WilfordDon wrote:How many teams are seriously interested in Murray btw?

From the sources I find most accurate, there seems to be multiple teams considering Murray in the first round. While some teams consider him to be a Day 2 talent, I could see him going in the middle of the 1st round.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:16 pm

In chess we call this trade a blunder for the broncos. But Elway thinks he has better offensive talent surround Flacco with, thus adding

+5 Fight For Your Life
+2 Restoration
+4 Last Gasp

to Flacco's Skill tree! I agree with Elway. Denver will slightly do better, but this will only make Flacco a Raging Game Manager!!!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Danchat wrote:
WilfordDon wrote:How many teams are seriously interested in Murray btw?

From the sources I find most accurate, there seems to be multiple teams considering Murray in the first round. While some teams consider him to be a Day 2 talent, I could see him going in the middle of the 1st round.

I hope I don't sound rude, but I'm pretty sure everyone considers him a top 10-15 talent; some/many just may not want to risk wasting a 1st if he decides to go back to baseball.

Also:
from ESPN article wrote:On Wednesday at the combine, Denver Broncos president of football operations/general manager John Elway said he believes Murray has the ability to be a "great player'' in the NFL.

"He's a great athlete and has had a great career,'' Elway said. "The one year he played at Oklahoma was great there and shows he's a great athlete. Obviously the size is always the question, but we've seen guys that have had success in the league that are not necessarily the prototypes as far as when it comes to height. He's got the ability to be a great player."
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “NFL Football”