No votes
Other
9%

Total votes: 23

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

The Real GOAT

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Alright the question's been asked? Who is the real GOAT? Vote up top for who you think it is. I think it's Drew Brees. Reasons:
Spoiler:
Check signature.

After all, Super Bowl rings aren't the only things that matter...even if they did...if Brees had a defense every year he's played, he would have 18 Super Bowl rings.

The Real GOAT

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: The Real GOAT

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:16 pm

I voted for Brady, though I feel Montana, Marino, Brees, and Manning all have arguments to be made for them.

My dad would say Steve Young if limited to that group, but the constant concussions later in his career stop me from considering him.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:18 pm

RevanFan wrote:I voted for Brady, though I feel Montana, Marino, Brees, and Manning all have arguments to be made for them.

My dad would say Steve Young if limited to that group, but the constant concussions later in his career stop me from considering him.

Pff. I don't get it. Brady himself said he's not the GOAT. What are your reasons for Brady?

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Montana was pretty good, but after Super Bowl LI, Brady take the spot... IMO

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I voted for Brady, though I feel Montana, Marino, Brees, and Manning all have arguments to be made for them.

Pff. I don't get it. Brady himself said he's not the GOAT. What are your reasons for Brady?

Mostly just the fact that he's been able to maintain a level of excellence for two whole decades.
My Cowboys Journal

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:57 pm

RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:

Mostly just the fact that he's been able to maintain a level of excellence for two whole decades.

Bruh, Brees has been the most consistent football player I've EVER seen. Tom Brady hasn't been NEAR as consistent as Brees. Besides, we all know the refs favor Brady.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Pff. I don't get it. Brady himself said he's not the GOAT. What are your reasons for Brady?

Bruh, Brees has been the most consistent football player I've EVER seen. Tom Brady hasn't been NEAR as consistent as Brees. Besides, we all know the refs favor Brady.

The Refs don't favor anyone. Everyone suffers from and benefits from terrible calls. The refs have just been bad, period, over the last few years.
My Cowboys Journal

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 am

The real G.O.A.T is Otto Graham... had taken the Browns to league championship games every year between 1946 and 1955, winning seven of them. With Graham at quarterback. No one else has ever come close...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 am

Joe Montana!!! You can close the poll now. :)
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 am

I would say Brady (If we talk the greatest QB ever. I don't think we can talk of a greatest player ever due to the fact this is a team game UNLESS, that player happens to play a lot of offensive position or defensive positions and can kick and punt. Basically Wes Welker). He has managed to maintain a great level through out 2 decades, has a hilariously high amount of 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives (Counterpoint: Brees has nearly as many 4QCs and more GWD, and Peyton beats them by a decent amount), and has managed to will relatively bad teams into the playoffs more than most QBs (Counterpoint: Peyton is not most QBs, And he has willed extremely terrible Colts' teams into the playoffs, only to see them unfold, be it bad defense, troubled offenses whose weaknesses are hidden by Peyton, see 2010, or Mike Vanderjagt. And he has been much maligned for that. Wrongly too). My final argument would be the fact that he led the single best offensive unit ever in 2007 (Although that didn't work out well in the end). BTW, I haven't mentioned Montana. I put him between Brady and Peyton.

Time for a tougher question. What about this: Remember the 2004 draft? Who you think was the best QB out of that draft?
I'll go out saying it's Roethlisberger, followed by Rivers, then Eli. Don't forget Matt Schaub too.

Also, now that I put that right above (At the top of the post) what about asking who you think is the GOAT at it's position.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “NFL Football”