Why Thursday/Monday Night Flexing is not a thing?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:27 pm

So, 2 weeks ago I learned that Sunday Night flexing was a thing. It resulted in the Bengals getting crushed by the Chiefs, but I learned something new. That said, usually Thursday Night Football ends with terrible games, even though at times great things happen (That DeAndre Hopkins catch was something else, and there was no OPI on that play. So, the refs win). So, fast forward to this week and we have 49ers vs. Raiders. Which looks like a terrible matchup to be on prime time. because both teams are terrible (On the bright side, T.O. will get his Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence at half time. About time.) Then on Monday you have Titans vs. Cowboys, which isn't too bad, but there are games that could look better on prime time (Rams vs. Saints? Steelers vs. Ravens, again?). No one and nothing is going to move Patriots vs. Packers, but why not having someone or something move Niners-Raiders and/or generally terrible matchups out of TNF/MNF in favor of some big matchups with possible playoffs implications?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Why Thursday/Monday Night Flexing is not a thing?

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:53 pm

Those games aren't flexed because they're the only games on that day. No other games to swap in. You can't just say, "Hi. Oh by the way, you're on Sunday now."
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “NFL Football”