Don't rely on kickers

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Don't rely on kickers

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Ok, let's recount this week's kicker woes (Pre SNF). Chandler Catanzaro missed a 40 yard game winning field goal against the Browns. He redeemed himself by nailing a 59 yard game winning FG. Brett Maher had to nail a 52 yarder, but failed, because Jason Garrett doesn't think playing for the FG is smart, and his long snapper hates him. And, the big one: Justin Tucker, who until this afternoon I thought was a cyborg made to annoy the AFC North and the rest of the league with clutch field goals, missed a game tying PAT.

First mistake ever made by Ladouceur. He's been penalty and error free every snap since 2005 until now.

EDIT: Upon further review, Ladouceur did everything exactly the same as he always does. It was a bogus call. There were many bad calls in the game, so not surprising.

Actually, the officiating has been kind of crap all season. Anyone in favor of hiring full time officials?

Admittedly, Ladouceur did lift the ball of the ground (A bit) and flinched the ball. That drew the Washington defense offsides. Had the defenders not gone offsides, that does not get called. Still, there was no reason for that 47 yarder turned 52 yarder to even happen.

Should the team have tried to actually get further down the field and play for a win over the tie? Yes, but... yeah, I got nothing. Jason Garrett always plays for the tie in situations like that, and almost always fails because of it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm

And... Brett Maher gets the bug early on.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Freaking Boswell missed another XP. It's not the end of the world, but damn, he needs to shake off the yips.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “NFL Football”