Danchat's 2018 Second Round Mock Draft

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Day 2 of the 2018 draft starts in a couple of hours, so here's a quick second round mock of the draft. I only hit 3 of my picks yesterday, so don't get your expectations too high...

I'm going to format this one a bit differently. Let's see if this can use up less screen space:

Code: Select all

Pick #   Team   Pos   Name   Quick Description
33   CLE   WR   Courtland Sutton   Corey Coleman has yet to prove himself, so Sutton could supplant him and make the Browns WR corps scary good.
34   NYG   G   Will Hernandez   Giants desperately need O-line help, Hernandez is a bargain here.
35   CLE   DT   Maurice Hurst   His medicals have scared teams away, but the Browns need a replacement for Danny Shelton.
36   IND   CB   Joshua Jackson   He's a steal here and Indy needs corners badly.
37   IND   HB   Derrius Guice   The second best HB comes off the clock after two questionable picks (Penny, Michel).
38   TB   HB   Nick Chubb   They need a feature back to support the offense. Chubb has been underrated due to Michel.
39   CHI   ED   Harold Landry   With McPhee gone, Landry can team up with Leonard Floyd to improve their pass rush.
40   DEN   QB   Mason Rudolph   Rudolph will be a project behind Keenum and should be able to boot Lynch off the roster.
41   OAK   LB   Malik Jefferson   The Raiders only have Tahir Whitehead at LB. Their annually bad LB corps need an infusion of talent.
42   MIA   TE   Dallas Goedert   The Fins have nothing at TE right now. Goedert should at least be an average TE.
43   NE   CB   Isaiah Oiver   Oliver can replace Butler's starting spot. Great value here.
44   WAS   HB   Ronald Jones II   The Skins need a better running game, as that's something Alex Smith has always had in KC.
45   GB   WR   Anthony Miller   The Packers need to develop more receivers after Nelson and Cobb looked bad in 2017.
46   CIN   S   Justin Reid   The Bengals pass defense declined when Reggie Nelson left.
47   ARZ   WR   Michael Gallup   The Cardinals need to find more WRs to eventually replace Fitz and assist Rosen.
48   SD   DT   Harrison Phillips   If James wouldn't have been available, S.D. would have went D-line. Phillips can replace Liuget.
49   IND   ED   Sam Hubbard   The Colts can pair him with Sheard to provide more pass rush.
50   DAL   TE   Mike Gesicki   Jason Witten has retired. Gesikci is basically a WR playing TE anyways, so he'll help Dallas' receiver woes.
51   DET   ED   Josh Sweat   With Ansah likely leaving after being tagged, Sweat can rotate in and take over a starting role in 2019.
52   PHI   CB   Donte Jackson   They did draft two corners a year ago, but after losing Daryl Worley, they need a nickel corner.
53   TB   T   Connor Williams   The Bucs need to replace Donovan Smith at LT. Williams is a questionable fit at LT, but he can play guard too.
54   KC   ED   Ogbonnia Okoronkwo   Dee Ford has been disappointing more often than not. KC needs more juice in the pass rushing department.
55   CAR   C   James Daniels   Ryan Kalil is a year away from retirement, and he hasn't been healthy. Daniels is a steal here.
56   TB   CB   Carlton Davis   The Bucs' best corner is 35 year old Brent Grimes. They need more young and promising CB prospects.
57   TEN   ED   Lorenzo Carter   Carter could use a year on the bench to learn. He has a massive amount of upside but his stats have been lacking.
58   ATL   DT   Tim Settle   The Falcons need to add interior run stoppers.
59   SF   WR   James Washington   The 49ers need another WR to pair with Garcon and Goodwin.
60   PIT   HB   Kerryon Johnson   With Bell likely moving on after this season, Johnson would make for a better starter than James Connor.
61   JAX   T   Tyrell Crosby   Cam Robinson looked bad at LT and should move to guard. Crosby might be able to play LT in his stead.
62   MIN   G   Braden Smith   The Vikings need better players on their O-line and Smith would be an A+ pick if selected here.
63   NE   WR   D. J. Chark   With Cooks gone, Edelman and Hogan are the top starters for Brady. They need an outside WR who can beat CBs deep.
64   CLE   ED   Arden Key   The Browns risk a pick on the next Randy Gregory. If he pans out, they have a Pro Bowler next to Garrett.

Any thoughts?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Danchat's 2018 Second Round Mock Draft

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Technically, Witten hasn't retired yet. Jerry says he hasn't made a decision, but will in a few days. And Jerry said TE is still not considered a need, but I don't know if I believe him.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “NFL Football”