Dez Bryant

henshao
Pro Bowl

Re: Dez Bryant

Postby henshao » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Yeah his speed was weird. He had a sort of brute strength speed. I remember a play where he helped a guy score a touchdown by outrunning the pursuing defender (and by extension, the guy with the ball) and just decelerated in front of him. It was some borderline Darrell Green type stuff, I wonder if I can find it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 pm

henshao wrote:Yeah his speed was weird. He had a sort of brute strength speed. I remember a play where he helped a guy score a touchdown by outrunning the pursuing defender (and by extension, the guy with the ball) and just decelerated in front of him. It was some borderline Darrell Green type stuff, I wonder if I can find it.

He seemed to have a good burst first step, and then good top end speed, you're right. It was weird. Like a car with high end horsepower

And I remember 2 plays like that.

One in Dallas, where he ran down field and blocked for WR patrick crayton for a td.

And the other back in SF on garrison hursts over time td run against the jets.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I'm incredibly sad to see Dez go. He's easily one of the three best receivers the team has ever had. Possibly top two. I wouldn't put him above Michael Irvin (though has more touchdowns than Irvin), but I'd say he was better than Drew Pearson (except for Pearson's ability to piss off Eagles fans, haha.) But the three #88s are the best three Dallas has had at that position. I didn't want him to get cut, but he and Dak just don't have a connection, and he was making too much money for his performance. Now I just hope the team puts the $8 million they save to good use.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:44 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'm incredibly sad to see Dez go. He's easily one of the three best receivers the team has ever had. Possibly top two. I wouldn't put him above Michael Irvin (though has more touchdowns than Irvin), but I'd say he was better than Drew Pearson (except for Pearson's ability to piss off Eagles fans, haha.) But the three #88s are the best three Dallas has had at that position. I didn't want him to get cut, but he and Dak just don't have a connection, and he was making too much money for his performance. Now I just hope the team puts the $8 million they save to good use.

The big question for Dallas is: Who is going to be the next top receiver in the team? They will probably draft a wide out. At least, that's what I would do. It is very tough to replace a guy like Dez.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I'm incredibly sad to see Dez go. He's easily one of the three best receivers the team has ever had. Possibly top two. I wouldn't put him above Michael Irvin (though has more touchdowns than Irvin), but I'd say he was better than Drew Pearson (except for Pearson's ability to piss off Eagles fans, haha.) But the three #88s are the best three Dallas has had at that position. I didn't want him to get cut, but he and Dak just don't have a connection, and he was making too much money for his performance. Now I just hope the team puts the $8 million they save to good use.

The big question for Dallas is: Who is going to be the next top receiver in the team? They will probably draft a wide out. At least, that's what I would do. It is very tough to replace a guy like Dez.

Allen Hurns + Cole Beasley + *Draft Pick*.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Amending my previous statement... I forgot Bob Hayes. How could I forget him? Okay... Irvin, Hayes, Bryant, Pearson.
My Cowboys Journal

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:Amending my previous statement... I forgot Bob Hayes. How could I forget him? Okay... Irvin, Hayes, Bryant, Pearson.

What about another 88: Antonio Bryant?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Amending my previous statement... I forgot Bob Hayes. How could I forget him? Okay... Irvin, Hayes, Bryant, Pearson.

What about another 88: Antonio Bryant?

Yeah... no. The best thing about his tenure with Dallas was that Cowboys fans who bought his jersey way back when could reuse it for Dez and no longer regret the purchase.
My Cowboys Journal

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm glad you guys dropped tarance williams. He was trash.

Beasley is good. Hurns isn't a true number one. And this year's draft seems bad for WRs.

I keep Irvin above Dez just for the playoff performances, and Irvine career was cut short.

But Dakota really needs to show up this year. I like him and think he can be the guy, but that box is going to be pretty loaded up on zeke now that Dez is gone.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Bullet Bob, you think he belongs up there?

Return to “NFL Football”