Patriots trading WR Brandin Cooks to Rams

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Link

In other words, BB's gonna BB. Cooks' rookie deal would have run out after this year and there was no way Belichick was going to match what other teams would give for him, so this is most likely the logical decision.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Patriots trading WR Brandin Cooks to Rams

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:Link

In other words, BB's gonna BB. Cooks' rookie deal would have run out after this year and there was no way Belichick was going to match what other teams would give for him, so this is most likely the logical decision.

New England always has a Randy Moss-like receiver in their roster. First ... Randy Moss. Next was Brandin Cooks, I wonder who will be the next Patriots WR that's going to cause fits for corners.

EDIT: Also, I should note that the Rams and the 49ers are on a collision course. If there are 2 teams I really wouldn't like to mess with are the Rams and the 49ers. The 49ers have undefeated-as-a-starter Jimmy Garoppolo, they got Richard Sherman .... who else they have? Cant' remember now. The Rams have a dominant offense (Look what Jared Goff can when he doesn't have Jeff Fisher as a coach! And Todd Gurley, nuff said) and a defense that definitely should scare anyone, that includes Jimmy G. The NFC West is going to be fun to watch next season.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:58 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
Kriegsmarine wrote:Link

New England always has a Randy Moss-like receiver in their roster. First ... Randy Moss. Next was Brandin Cooks, I wonder who will be the next Patriots WR that's going to cause fits for corners.

EDIT: Also, I should note that the Rams and the 49ers are on a collision course. If there are 2 teams I really wouldn't like to mess with are the Rams and the 49ers. The 49ers have undefeated-as-a-starter Jimmy Garoppolo, they got Richard Sherman .... who else they have? Cant' remember now. The Rams have a dominant offense (Look what Jared Goff can when he doesn't have Jeff Fisher as a coach! And Todd Gurley, nuff said) and a defense that definitely should scare anyone, that includes Jimmy G. The NFC West is going to be fun to watch next season.

Cookie doesn't offer anything close to what Moss did. He can ball, but he's a 5'10" dude who doesn't like to get physical. We've still got Phillip Dorsett on the roster despite him not offering very much last season, but based on today's events he's obviously been BB's back-up plan all along. If he can get a full off-season with TB12, he'll hopefully start producing. He might not be Cooks, but Belichick obviously doesn't think we need him. Bear in mind New England went the entire 2016 season without a real deep threat (Chris Hogan being the closest) and no Gronk for large parts of it, and still went 14-2 and won the big game.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:Cookie doesn't offer anything close to what Moss did. He can ball, but he's a 5'10" dude who doesn't like to get physical. We've still got Phillip Dorsett on the roster despite him not offering very much last season, but based on today's events he's obviously been BB's back-up plan all along. If he can get a full off-season with TB12, he'll hopefully start producing. He might not be Cooks, but Belichick obviously doesn't think we need him. Bear in mind New England went the entire 2016 season without a real deep threat (Chris Hogan being the closest) and no Gronk for large parts of it, and still went 14-2 and won the big game.

Well, it is Bill Belichick that is coaching that team, they have the best QB out there (Thanks to Belichick too, who else would have though that a 6th round pick would result in the GOAT) and always make something out of nothing (6th round pick Tom and undrafted free agent Malcolm are proofs of that). I'd say the Patriots can produce with anything they have, Belichick is that good.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 am

Now I want to see what BB is gonna do with TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:24 pm

achernar wrote:Now I want to see what BB is gonna do with TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS

Well, they could start by getting a backup for Brady, who is getting close to 41 years old and QBs don't play elite at that age, just ask Brett Favre and Warren Moon. They could probably get Lamar Jackson, or Luke Falk or Mason Rudolph. They are probably going to slide to the end of the 1st round, maybe to the end of the 2nd. Sure, the secondary needs help, they need a new Left Tackle, but they need someone to pass the torch too when Brady's production inevitably starts dropping.
Semper fi

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:23 pm

"Gee Bill! How come Goodell lets you have two draft picks?" —Mike Tomlin

jose21crisis wrote:

Well, they could start by getting a backup for Brady, who is getting close to 41 years old and QBs don't play elite at that age, just ask Brett Favre and Warren Moon. They could probably get Lamar Jackson, or Luke Falk or Mason Rudolph. They are probably going to slide to the end of the 1st round, maybe to the end of the 2nd. Sure, the secondary needs help, they need a new Left Tackle, but they need someone to pass the torch too when Brady's production inevitably starts dropping.

No one knows what Belichick will do, but I have a hard time seeing us take a QB in the first round unless Bill decides to trade up and snag one of the top five. Maybe if Jackson is available at 23. I doubt Rudolph is getting picked in the first, and I would be really surprised if Falk is. If Rashaan Evans or Leighton Vander Esch are there at 23, I'd take one of them in a heartbeat, and then Sam Hubbard or Lorenzo Carter.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:52 am

jose21crisis wrote:

I read a couple of mocks putting OT Kolton Miller from UCLA
going in the first round... what makes sense to me...

They could acquire a WR with the #23... Ridley, Moore, Sutton..
I think everyone will be avaliable here

Return to “NFL Football”