Kirk Cousins to the Vikes?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Kirk Cousins to the Vikes?

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Danchat wrote:Or, you know, they could have tried to re-sign Sam Bradford to a 1 year $20M (only $8M less!!) deal like the Cardinals just did. Have fun trying to keep that knee healthy behind the league's worst offensive line!

SB Nation doesn't like that deal either:
Cardinals agree to a deal with QB Sam Bradford
Grade: D

On the bright side, it’s a better get than Mike Glennon or A.J. McCarron. It’s probably the best they could’ve hoped for with Keenum and Cousins off the board too. Surely they’ll be in the market for a draftee, because this team needs to finally have a quarterback with in-tact knee ligaments.

Oh, and it’s for a mere $20 million. Yikes. There’s an option for another year at $20 million too.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Thread moved to the NFL Football sub-forum since it's not a Madden thread.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 am

sam bradford has and will always be utter garbage in terms of being a qb...all he has is that he is a former first round pick....hell if teams give bradford a shot they should give other guys with banged up knees like RG3 (despite his diva persona) a shot as well.....sam bradford is a bum qb..period....

Kirk Cousins I actually like as a qb and just his personality but when its crunch time captain kirk just goes beserk with interceptions/forced throws.....he's sure as heck not worth 28 mill per year lol.....that's an overinflated salary for a former 4th rounder who's done some good things but really hasn't performed in big games when his team needs that wow/spark play to close the game out/catch up......

kirk cousins reminds me of kerry collins....a guy with a great arm but who needs a strong supporting cast on off and defense to progress in the playoffs when it really counts.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am

ultimatum77 wrote:sam bradford has and will always be utter garbage in terms of being a qb...all he has is that he is a former first round pick....hell if teams give bradford a shot they should give other guys with banged up knees like RG3 (despite his diva persona) a shot as well.....sam bradford is a bum qb..period....

Well, most QBs that played under Jeff Fisher were simply some kind of bad. When Jeff Fisher left, they showed that they could be good. I mean, just look at Jared Goff. But Sam might be the worst of them because he is not that great. I think when he was healthy, he just had a flash in the pan moment and became great. But, he was playing for the Vikes (Who are great even without a franchise QB, just look at what Case Keenum did, another QB that played under Jeff Fisher). Also, HE was the one that started the whole "QBs are payed too much" debate. And, of course, you are talking about a guy with a glass knee with an offensive line that just down right sucks. That won't last long. However, for Arizona it was either him, Teddy Bridgewater, Colin Kaepernick (he's still around) or Blaine Gabbert.

ultimatum77 wrote:Kirk Cousins I actually like as a qb and just his personality but when its crunch time captain kirk just goes beserk with interceptions/forced throws.....he's sure as heck not worth 28 mill per year lol.....that's an overinflated salary for a former 4th rounder who's done some good things but really hasn't performed in big games when his team needs that wow/spark play to close the game out/catch up......

kirk cousins reminds me of kerry collins....a guy with a great arm but who needs a strong supporting cast on off and defense to progress in the playoffs when it really counts.....

Well, he was the only bright light in a mediocre Redskins team. He definitely should thank Jimmy G for his salary, if he wasn't traded to the 49ers and wasn't given a blockbuster deal, Cousins deal would NOT have that huge contract. Then again, maybe Cousins is actually clutch, but played for the Redskins.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “NFL Football”