The Browns are actually doing something decently good!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm

So far, they have made 2 trades. They got Jarvis Landry out of Miami for Draft picks, and they got Tyrod Taylor out of Buffalo (probably a stopgap, but still). So they got a beast receiver (that mostly played as slot receiver, but still) and a decent-to-good ProBowl Quarterback. They seem to try to improve this time around. Wonder if they'll keep going decently good trades and actually be ... you know ... competitive (No way) for once.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: The Browns are actually doing something decently good!

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:40 pm

jose21crisis wrote:So far, they have made 2 trades. They got Jarvis Landry out of Miami for Draft picks, and they got Tyrod Taylor out of Buffalo (probably a stopgap, but still). So they got a beast receiver (that mostly played as slot receiver, but still) and a decent-to-good ProBowl Quarterback. They seem to try to improve this time around. Wonder if they'll keep going decently good trades and actually be ... you know ... competitive (No way) for once.

They just traded for a Packers cornerback. Damarious Randall. I don't really like the Taylor trade, as they'll probably end up canonizing him as the new quarterback of the future, but Landry is fantastic.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:So far, they have made 2 trades. They got Jarvis Landry out of Miami for Draft picks, and they got Tyrod Taylor out of Buffalo (probably a stopgap, but still). So they got a beast receiver (that mostly played as slot receiver, but still) and a decent-to-good ProBowl Quarterback. They seem to try to improve this time around. Wonder if they'll keep going decently good trades and actually be ... you know ... competitive (No way) for once.

They just traded for a Packers cornerback. Damarious Randall. I don't really like the Taylor trade, as they'll probably end up canonizing him as the new quarterback of the future, but Landry is fantastic.

Guess what the Packers got in return for that trade? DeShone Kizer. That probably means the Packers aren't trusting Brett Hundley. Hopefully he can learn under Aaron Rodgers and become a good QB, because this season he just got sent into the game like the Browns do with every QB they draft.

Col. Trautman
All-Pro

Postby Col. Trautman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Kizer has a good chance behind Rodgers, he was a fine QB against Hundley game went to overtime remember ;)

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Alright Browns! Let's make bets...2-14 Browns! Improvements! :lol:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Kizer has a good chance behind Rodgers, he was a fine QB against Hundley game went to overtime remember ;)

Only because Kizer threw one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen...

but yeah Kizer should have a much better chance to succeed with the Packers now that's he's escaped Cleveland.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 am

Kevin5455 wrote:Alright Browns! Let's make bets...2-14 Browns! Improvements! :lol:

This made my day. : ) Kidding aside, They sure did good on those trades. Still, they better draft a QB either on 1 or 4 since Taylor isn't the solution for QB of the future.

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:22 am

Dumb, dumb trade by Green Bay.

Randall certainly has/had his issues, but he was solid after his tantrum last year.

They basically gave away their best corner for a guy that shouldn't see the field.

And why not get in on the Danny Shelton deal? Don't take a weakness and make it MORE weak! Daniels-Shelton-Clark would have give you a pretty solid front-line. At least you'd have one position of strength on your D.

But hey, keep another finger in the dam. Its what you're used to I guess.........

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 am

AaronS wrote:Dumb, dumb trade by Green Bay.

Randall certainly has/had his issues, but he was solid after his tantrum last year.

They basically gave away their best corner for a guy that shouldn't see the field.

And why not get in on the Danny Shelton deal? Don't take a weakness and make it MORE weak! Daniels-Shelton-Clark would have give you a pretty solid front-line. At least you'd have one position of strength on your D.

But hey, keep another finger in the dam. Its what you're used to I guess.........

I don't understand their plan at CB... Randall was their only good starter there in 2017. Looks like they'll have to spend another high pick on a CB.

I'm surprised Shelton was so cheap, a 2019 3rd rounder isn't expensive at all for potentially 2 years of Shelton.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

LT #78
Veteran

Postby LT #78 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:20 am

The Browns are definitely the team most likely to improve their overall record from last year to this year!

Return to “NFL Football”