The end of an era

AaronS
Hall of Fame

The end of an era

Postby AaronS » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Richard Sherman was released, as cited by many the last few days.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-seahawks

Sherm was hands down the NFLs best corner this decade;

Since 2011 -
Leader in INTs
Leader in passes defensed
Lowest completion % allowed
Lowest opponent passer rating

Sad way for it to end, with that achilles injury. Most likely, it cost him his HOF candidacy.

... I'll quietly hope he re-signs with Seattle. I can't picture him in another uniform.

The end of an era

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: The end of an era

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Man, the Legion of Boom is getting old. Sherman is the greatest shutdown corner in a long time, if you had to test the Seahawks' secondary, you definitely weren't going to pass to that side unless you were crazy or too damn good. Or you were throwing a Hail Mary. There is really no way to picture him in another uniform. On the Seahawks' side, they now have to find a way to replace Richard (Which is going to be nigh impossible, unless a Darrelle Revis appears on the draft) and the entirety of the remains of the aging Legion of Boom (Earl Thomas III and Kam Chancellor are also getting old, and they are probably next). And Sherman, now will go to another team. He's borderline HOFer at this point. If he can get 1 or 2 great seasons, he'll probably make it.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:54 pm

I could see him in the Raiders
Like Lynch did it

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:13 pm

I've heard rumors he's coming to Dallas. The Cowboys just hired his DC.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:40 pm

What I've read is that he could go to:
The Patriots: They need a cornerback (Malcolm Butler probably isn't coming back) and they wanted to get him last year.
The Raiders: Beast Mode's there. And the Raiders considered getting him last year as well.
The Texans: Their D took a hit after A.J. Bouye went to Jacksonville. So getting Sherman would mean that D would become a no flight zone with Johnathan Joseph on the other side.
The Chiefs: They traded Marcus Peters away. They need another corner.
The Browns: ... they need help at everything all right. And they have lots of money.

In other news, Jarvis Landry is headed to Cleveland.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Sadly, Richard Sherman didn't last a day as a Free Agent. He's not coming back to Seattle ... well, maybe he'll be back, but not to play as a Seahawk. He's a 49er now. They definitely saw that the LA Rams are arming up when it comes to their secondary (Which is scary, with Marcus Peters and Aquib Tailb just to boot, and is the only thing in the league that might scare Jimmy G.), and decided to arm up themselves.
Semper fi

Sumitcare
Rookie

Postby Sumitcare » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:39 pm

As an NFL veteran entering his eighth season in the league, Richard Sherman knows the ins and outs of a solid contract. In 2014, he signed a four-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks worth $57.4 million, which at the time made him the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now, as a newly-signed player for the San Francisco 49ers, Sherman explains why he went to the negotiating table without representation to work out a three-year, $39.15 million deal. After making up his mind that he was going to negotiate his next contract without an agent, Sherman says he did his own homework to ensure that he'd agree to the best deal possible.
best way to pass my time with mobile game six

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Sumitcare wrote:As an NFL veteran entering his eighth season in the league, Richard Sherman knows the ins and outs of a solid contract. In 2014, he signed a four-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks worth $57.4 million, which at the time made him the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now, as a newly-signed player for the San Francisco 49ers, Sherman explains why he went to the negotiating table without representation to work out a three-year, $39.15 million deal. After making up his mind that he was going to negotiate his next contract without an agent, Sherman says he did his own homework to ensure that he'd agree to the best deal possible.

Are you... quoting an article or something?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sumitcare
Rookie

Postby Sumitcare » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:09 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Sumitcare wrote:As an NFL veteran entering his eighth season in the league, Richard Sherman knows the ins and outs of a solid contract. In 2014, he signed a four-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks worth $57.4 million, which at the time made him the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now, as a newly-signed player for the San Francisco 49ers, Sherman explains why he went to the negotiating table without representation to work out a three-year, $39.15 million deal. After making up his mind that he was going to negotiate his next contract without an agent, Sherman says he did his own homework to ensure that he'd agree to the best deal possible.

Are you... quoting an article or something?

Yes, But he was a true legend
best way to pass my time with mobile game six

GiantsRose
Rookie

Postby GiantsRose » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:16 pm

The NFC West has definitely become pretty interesting fast :lol:

Return to “NFL Football”