Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL Playoffs Challenge 2017

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 am

NickyJ wrote:
mee wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Patriots.. I can never root for the Eagles...

RevanFan we got a Redskin fan in our "hate Eagles" group too :D
Giants, Cowboys and Redskins? This... this is the meaning of life.

Division rivals always have an unspoken pact: We'll always root for the other team if a division rival is in the playoffs. Always.

The Patriots can have 6 rings, the Eagles can throw beer bottles in anger. Everyone wins.

lol.....the "eagles can throw beer bottles in anger" line was epic....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

While I congratulate the eagles on reaching the SB, I still think NE will win.

My PICK:
NE Superbowl winner

NE 45
PHI 27

or
who knows it may end up being closer than that with a last second NE field goal win 27-24.....but I think the Eagles will be nervous and NE will capitalize on that and use their post-season experience and of course TB to put up an early lead (say 17 or 21 pts in the 1st half) from which the Eagles will recover but it will be too late......

One thing is for sure Foles will get some interest on the open market again for his solid games (yes I admit I didn't feel he was very good but he has been solid for his team and will get some good money on the open market if the eagles opt to let him go...but they would be stupid not to try to sign him to a long term backup contract for wentz.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:17 am

RevanFan wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Another year, another addition to the legacy of failure.

I wanna die.

How do you think I've felt for literally my entire life? Cowboys win the Super Bowl, I'm born. Since then... jack squat.

lol i don't think that's comparable....at least the cowboys have sb rings....the vikings and titans don't have any in their history :l along with a host of other teams.....

I like the vikings but sadly its like some post-season curse for them to reach the nfc championship game several times over the last 3 different decades and always fail to reach the promised land (superbowl).....it hurts to see your team get so close and then take another decade to reach the same position in the playoffs again and same result.....

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:While I congratulate the eagles on reaching the SB, I still think NE will win.

My PICK:
NE Superbowl winner

NE 45
PHI 27

or
who knows it may end up being closer than that with a last second NE field goal win 27-24.....but I think the Eagles will be nervous and NE will capitalize on that and use their post-season experience and of course TB to put up an early lead (say 17 or 21 pts in the 1st half) from which the Eagles will recover but it will be too late......

One thing is for sure Foles will get some interest on the open market again for his solid games (yes I admit I didn't feel he was very good but he has been solid for his team and will get some good money on the open market if the eagles opt to let him go...but they would be stupid not to try to sign him to a long term backup contract for wentz.....

Tbh I'm worried we're gonna get blown out by New England too. New England is just too good.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm

The trick to beat NE comes in 3 parts:

1. Remain aggressive through the entire game, but knowing when to fold. The Falcons were too aggressive, and it cost them the Super Bowl. The Jaguars played aggressively until the first half 2 min warning, it cost them the Super Bowl trip. This is something the Eagles didn't do in 2005. They could go no huddle, but decided to go relaxed with 6 mins to go in a 2 possession game. They lost. If the Eagles can take a lead in the first half with an aggressive enough strategy, the knowing when to RUN. THE. DAMN. BALL. In the second half will give them a solid chance. The only team I've seen the Patriots lose after they have the advatage is the Giants.

2. Get ready for the 2nd half and Belichick's signature adjustments, which includes throwing the entire playbook off the window and using another one. Which is the hard part of playing the Patriots is that Belichick just destroys whatever team they are up against during the 3rd and 4th quarters. The only time it failed was against the G-Men, but that's another story when Eli Manning became Houdini.

3. Finally, never allow the Patriots a lot of time. Most Patriots SB wins come in the final 2 mins. The Rams left them too much time and lost (Well, nobody though they had enough time to do anything, then Brady drove down the field and allowed Vinatieri to kick the GW FG). The Panthers left them too much time and lost. The Giants left them some time, and won, which was a miracle all on itself. The Falcons left them too much time by passing (Which lasted the WHOLE DAMN SECOND HALF) and lost in OT. If the Eagles can give possession with just 30 seconds left leading by 4 or more, there is no way not even John Elway can comeback from that.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:10 pm

The trick to beating the Patriots comes in a few parts:
1) Have your logo look like this:

2) Do this:
Or his:

3) Try to get one of these:

4) Give goofy Elie face
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 pm

:lol: very funny mee!

I have to say I am going with a NE win on this superbowl due to the experience factor they have in the big game. I expect the Eagles will get caught up in the moment and let it slip by early before recovering very late. I could be wrong though as it has been quite some time since they have been this far. So to repeat NE over PHI

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Lol at that mee. You just need to add Tom Coughlin to that list and is the recipe to beating the Pats.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Lol at that mee. You just need to add Tom Coughlin to that list and is the recipe to beating the Pats.

He didn't help last weekend.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “NFL Football”