Trubisky HYPE

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: Trubisky HYPE

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:57 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Trubisky has been looking pretty good...I don't understand why Q is so upset about it

I don't understand why you think Q is upset.
Is it because I said he looked like Jimmy Clausen in his first game?
It takes a lot more than that to get my goat.

He's made a few good plays....not nearly enough for me to agree that "he looks pretty good".
He looks like crap. But, to be fair, he's not the only one on that team that looks poopy.
The coaching staff isn't doing the kid any favors. Furthermore, the entire offense, outside of Jordan Howard, is a tire fire.
They called 7 pass plays for the entire game, against Carolina. One could make the argument that they were simply playing "situational football". I can see that. But, I also see a coaching staff that doesn't trust him to put the ball in the air.
A lot of that is due to the lack of talent on the outside. There are several Colleges (probably more) that have a better WR Corps, than Chicago.

Well, I thought that at first...you thought Trubisky was one of the worst decisions the Bears made

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm not a Bears fan, but I'll weigh in anyway. I don't think Trubisky was a horrible decision. I think the trade was a horrible decision. They could have just waited one pick and gotten him without the trade. The trade up one spot was literally useless, as SF would have just drafted the same player anyway.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'm not a Bears fan, but I'll weigh in anyway. I don't think Trubisky was a horrible decision. I think the trade was a horrible decision. They could have just waited one pick and gotten him without the trade. The trade up one spot was literally useless, as SF would have just drafted the same player anyway.

Yup, I agree. They had the fear that the Browns were going to trade up and take Trubisky but I don't think that was going to happen. They paid waaaay too much for moving up one space.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'm not a Bears fan, but I'll weigh in anyway. I don't think Trubisky was a horrible decision. I think the trade was a horrible decision. They could have just waited one pick and gotten him without the trade. The trade up one spot was literally useless, as SF would have just drafted the same player anyway.

My thoughts exactly...pretty much to a "T".
Kevin5455 wrote:
Well, I thought that at first...you thought Trubisky was one of the worst decisions the Bears made

You thought wrong.
Personally, I would have picked Watson. So I do disagree with the selection, but I've never considered "one of the worst decisions the Bears ever made".

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 pm

1312qohelet wrote:"one of the worst decisions the Bears ever made".

To be fair, every team has a list of "worst decisions ever made." The Bears list is shorter than the Lions, Browns, etc. But when it comes to quarterbacks their list of poor decisions is looong and infamous. :lol:

But I don't think Trubisky is going to be at the top of that list. Near it? Maybe. But I said around the draft that Trubisky reminds me an awful lot of Akili Smith (his lack of collegiate starts, where he was picked in the draft, the situation/condition of the team he is going to, the lack of stability in the coaching staff, the lack of playmakers surrounding him, the makeshift offensive line...

Here's hoping Q doesn't have to suffer through several seasons of the second coming of Akili Smith ;)

Edit: I just want to add that I don't dislike Trubisky. He has a rocket arm and he's athletic, he just didn't have very many college starts at UNC and I felt drafting him in the top of the first was risky.
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, a noted quarterback expert, sees the same physical ability in Mitch Trubisky that everyone else does, but the fact he couldn't win the job his first two seasons at North Carolina haunts him.

"A really talented player,'' Arians said Wednesday at the NFL Annual meeting. "The growth potential is obviously there. The question is why wasn't all that talent starting for the last three years? That's always bugging me. So you have to go and answer those questions with him, with his coach, but the physical talent is there."
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:20 pm

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:"one of the worst decisions the Bears ever made".

To be fair, every team has a list of "worst decisions ever made." The Bears list is shorter than the Lions, Browns, etc. But when it comes to quarterbacks their list of poor decisions is looong and infamous. :lol:

But I don't think Trubisky is going to be at the top of that list. Near it? Maybe. But I said around the draft that Trubisky reminds me an awful lot of Akili Smith (his lack of collegiate starts, where he was picked in the draft, the situation/condition of the team he is going to, the lack of stability in the coaching staff, the lack of playmakers surrounding him, the makeshift offensive line...

And that's just it, you know. It takes a few years to say "one of the worst decisions".
trey31 wrote:Here's hoping Q doesn't have to suffer through several seasons of the second coming of Akili Smith ;)

Thanks for the thought, pal...it is appreciated.
But, I'm a life-long Chicago Bears fan; I have suffered through much worse than Akili Smith. 8-)

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Sure Mitch hasn't quite dazzled us yet with his skills, but I think we should let him finish his rookie year before we cast too harsh a judgement on him.
As a Packer fan I know about rivalries and all that, but I honestly hope you don't end up with another 9 minute interception highlight real against the Pack; like honorary Packer QB Jay Cutler. Good luck to the Bears, I really mean it :)

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Sure Mitch hasn't quite dazzled us yet with his skills, but I think we should let him finish his rookie year before we cast too harsh a judgement on him.
As a Packer fan I know about rivalries and all that, but I honestly hope you don't end up with another 9 minute interception highlight real against the Pack; like honorary Packer QB Jay Cutler. Good luck to the Bears, I really mean it :)

Yeah, one of Cutler's favorite targets was Charles Woodson. Cutty always seemed find him open, then hit him right on the numbers - lol.

Your Packers are in difficult spot, right now. I was hoping Hundley would play better. He still could get it going....just needs to find his own timing.
Is Rodgers expected back this season?

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:03 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:Sure Mitch hasn't quite dazzled us yet with his skills, but I think we should let him finish his rookie year before we cast too harsh a judgement on him.

Yeah, one of Cutler's favorite targets was Charles Woodson. Cutty always seemed find him open, then hit him right on the numbers - lol.

Your Packers are in difficult spot, right now. I was hoping Hundley would play better. He still could get it going....just needs to find his own timing.
Is Rodgers expected back this season?

Doctors claim that Rodgers could return in time for the Panther match up in December. I sure hope so, I had high hopes this season. Thanks for your well wishes.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:18 pm

1312qohelet wrote:Thanks for the thought, pal...it is appreciated.
But, I'm a life-long Chicago Bears fan; I have suffered through much worse than Akili Smith. 8-)

Your words my friend, not mine lol :lol:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “NFL Football”