Further Overtime Stupidity

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Further Overtime Stupidity

Postby JSamuel » Thu May 18, 2017 8:15 am

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I actually think they should do something like this.

Give both teams a chance to have the ball, regardless if a touchdown, field goal, or nothing is scored. If there's a safety, the game would end as it does currently. If team 1 scores a touchdown, team 2 still gets the ball. If they tie the game with their own touchdown, play continues in sudden death. If team 2 can't score a touchdown, team 1 wins. It's basically the same as it is now, only giving each team a chance whether a field goal OR touchdown is scored.

I wish they just switched off possessions. Like college, just full field.

Mee too.

I think that would be the best way to do overtime.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:04 am

I wish they could just do it like College Football, when a team scores a TD, the other team has a chance until they turn it over on downs

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 pm

KO'BBF wrote:I want sudden death. The way its meant to be. Each team has an equal opportunity to win the game in regulation. One 15 minute period....first to score wins.

Exactly.

It was the most compelling and dramatic. So if they're saying overtime is diluting their product, they're only making more problems thinking any changes would spice it up.

And if player safety is their issue than it's best to not have OT at all outside of the playoffs! If a 60-minute contest can't decide the outcome of a game, than 10 or 15 more minutes isn't going to help matters and you're just subjecting your players to more punishment.

Return to “NFL Football”