Bold Predictions (rant & rave thread)

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Bold Predictions (rant & rave thread)

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:
Seriously, is Alex Smith not good enough? :roll:

Their last playoff game was downright ugly, so I think the answer is probably a "yes".

You mean the one when the Steelers won by 6 field goals? :lol:

..........Ugh. Don't remind me.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Tue May 02, 2017 8:31 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Their last playoff game was downright ugly, so I think the answer is probably a "yes".

..........Ugh. Don't remind me.

Yeah it was ugly... But the silver lining for me was our defense without Johnson. they held the powerful steelers big three Bell, Ben and Brown to "ZERO" touchdowns!!And yes, Alex Smith had a large chunk of a$$ stuck in his throat. The offense stunk! The Chief's did their usual graceful bowout after a great season and having a playoff home game!

So NO Kevin5455, Alex Smith is not our answer to a super bowl birth. This is his last season to prove it?

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 pm

So NO Kevin5455, Alex Smith is not our answer to a super bowl birth. This is his last season to prove it?

So...where is he going to go?

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:

Not too far, just off the field where he can help tool our rookie! He's under contract!

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue May 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:
Seriously, is Alex Smith not good enough? :roll:

Their last playoff game was downright ugly, so I think the answer is probably a "yes".

Aye, that one. That game was ripe for the taking, but their QB play crippled them. They needed Alex to step up, and it just didn't happen.

Double-U wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:

Not too far, just off the field where he can help tool our rookie! He's under contract!

For this next season, probably. From what I've heard, Mahomes is no sure thing and will need time. But a year from now, I expect Alex to be similar to what Ryan Fitzpatrick was the last few seasons: A journeyman who can put together a few good games, but sits somewhere between average and mediocre.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed May 03, 2017 10:45 am

JSamuel wrote:Prediction: Sam Bradford is going to start over Teddy Bridgewater this season, all season.

In other news, the sky is blue, humans breathe oxygen to survive, and Jimmy Hoffa has yet to be found.

Really? I though most Vikings fans though that Bridgewater was the better QB, and that he was going to start in 2017.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm

JSamuel wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Prediction: Sam Bradford is going to start over Teddy Bridgewater this season, all season.

In other news, the sky is blue, humans breathe oxygen to survive, and Jimmy Hoffa has yet to be found.

Really? I though most Vikings fans though that Bridgewater was the better QB, and that he was going to start in 2017.

Ain't no way in hell is Bradford gonna start off over Bridgewater! I'm not a Vikings fan but I did get a little sick when they picked up Mr. Murray to be their lead RB. He's gonna have a great season eating in the NFC North! And he will take lots of pressure off their QB to make plays! Vikings will be interesting to watch, if their defense forms up!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed May 03, 2017 1:39 pm

JSamuel wrote:

Well, Bridgewater likely won't be able to play in 2017, so...

The rationale behind the Bradford trade was so that he could be the starting QB in 2016 and 2017, as Bridgwater's rehab was projected to be 12-18 months long.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:26 pm

BUS36 wrote:I think that Mahomes will have time to fix his mechanics, along with Dobbs and Watson. Watson will be pushed faster to be ready by week 5.

I can't imagine Watson won't get thrown to the lion's den week 1.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Double-U wrote:Bro don't jinx (no pun intended) :lol: our new QB. Chief's have never been great at selecting QB talent. They seem to go for high mediocre talent that never pan's out in the real NFL!

Well he's been labeled by many as "boom-or-bust" and while I am interested to see what Andy can do with him next season, he's already stated he doesn't intend to "fix" his mechanics. And Pat has some really, really bad mechanics. Sometimes questionable decision making too. Awful pocket awareness (more ghosts than Luigi's Castle). NCAAF "pocket-escapability" does not translate to the NFL unless you're Cam, Wilson, or Mike Vick (pre-dog fights), and while PAT is athletic, he's not electrifyingly quick and/or nimble.

Double-U wrote:Alex Smith is not our answer to a super bowl birth. This is his last season to prove it?

He took the 49ers to the doorstep with a similar performing defense and something we haven't had in several years in KC... a running game.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “NFL Football”