Top 10 NFL Draft Busts

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Top 10 NFL Draft Busts

Postby BUS36 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:30 am

Other QB Busts (dishonorable :cry: mention )... Richard Todd, Mark Malone, Rick Meier, David Carr, David Klingler, Robert Griffin III, Andre Ware and Jack Thompson.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 am

BUS36 wrote:Other QB Busts (dishonorable :cry: mention )... Richard Todd, Mark Malone, Rick Meier, David Carr, David Klingler, Robert Griffin III, Andre Ware and Jack Thompson.

Ware was listed at #8.

RG3 is an injury machine. Had he never been injured I have no doubt he would still be the starter in Washington. He was electric and won media and league awards before the fall. He had elite speed early on. Last year he looked about on par with Tom Brady athletically speaking.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 am

as a QB he could not read defenses ..could not stay in the pocket to throw in progression and did not have the "clock"
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:28 pm

BUS36 wrote:Other QB Busts (dishonorable :cry: mention )... Richard Todd, Mark Malone, Rick Meier, David Carr, David Klingler, Robert Griffin III, Andre Ware and Jack Thompson.

Richard Todd? He was just a bad quarterback, not a bust.
Mark Malone also just a bad QB.
Rick Mirer had a somewhat impressive rookie season.
You can't expect a guy like David Carr to help a new franchise that quickly.
David Klingler was a bust, no questions.
RGIII had an impressive two seasons, but he's not a good QB.
Andre Ware didn't do a lot.
The Bengals didn't really need a QB in 1979, they already had Ken Anderson. They thought they needed a better QB

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Todd could never deliver a playoff success even though leading his Jets to an AFC Championship game vs the Dolphins, where he threw 5 INTS.especially replacing Joe Namath. Round 1 pick numbers 6...
Malone was to be the heir to Bradshaw but just could not get it done..too many INTs vs TDs
Meier had a good rookie season ..then defenses found he could not throw to his left...
RGIII 1. could not stay healthy, could not read defenses and could not go through progressions in the passing game ..read -option was his trick pony.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm

BUS36 wrote:RGIII 1. could not stay healthy, could not read defenses and could not go through progressions in the passing game ..read -option was his trick pony.

Athletic threat was his trick, not just the read option. Forced man cover teams to often use two spies. The Shanahans' didn't need him to do any more than what he was capable of doing. Just like when Shanahan won games (and even when he lost he still managed to score a bunch of points) with Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, and Jay Cutler.

RGturd is no longer an athletic threat and hasn't been since the second injury after Shanahan was bounced. As such his weaknesses have been glaring, but before they were significantly offset by Shanahan's game planning and his raw talent. Without that raw talent he is a subpar quarterback. But had he never been injured (and had he continued to be in a Shanahan offense) his "bust" status wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

My $0.02
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “NFL Football”