And Cutler...

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

And Cutler...

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Smh, who cares about Jay Cutler now? Might as well just retire from football; there is nowhere to go. ;)

And Cutler...

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: And Cutler...

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Smh, who cares about Jay Cutler now? Might as well just retire from football; there is nowhere to go. ;)

There's the Jets.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am

RevanFan wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Smh, who cares about Jay Cutler now? Might as well just retire from football; there is nowhere to go. ;)

There's the Jets.

With the Jets quarterback situation right now, Jay Cutler would be an upgrade.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 am

I think the Jets need a younger QB.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 am

Kevin5455 wrote:I think the Jets need a younger QB.

A younger quarterback would be nice, but right now the Jets just need to take what they can get.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Well, they have Christian Hackenberg, but he was so terrible in the preseason that the Jets have little hope in him... but he's a 2nd round pick, so they aren't just going to cut him. Shoulda drafted Dak... or waited until the 5th round to take Hackenberg.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Danchat wrote:

Shoulda drafted Dak... or waited until the 5th round to take Hackenberg.

Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Trent Green, and Tom Brady all have two very important things in common; when they got their shot they had quality coaches & coordinators, and they all played on good/great teams that had a lot of talent at other positions. Especially Kurt Warner (Orlando Pace, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Proehl... When your team's 4th wide receiver eventually ends his career at 29th all-time (2006) in receptions (669), and 42nd all-time (2006) in receiving yards (8,878)... your GM, coaches, and front office have done something right.)

Dak Prescott in Cleveland, New York, Jacksonville, or San Francisco would have looked like quite a different player than he did in Dallas.

Just my $0.02
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 pm

trey31 wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Shoulda drafted Dak... or waited until the 5th round to take Hackenberg.

Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Trent Green, and Tom Brady all have two very important things in common; when they got their shot they had quality coaches & coordinators, and they all played on good/great teams that had a lot of talent at other positions. Especially Kurt Warner (Orlando Pace, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Proehl... When your team's 4th wide receiver eventually ends his career at 29th all-time (2006) in receptions (669), and 42nd all-time (2006) in receiving yards (8,878)... your GM, coaches, and front office have done something right.)

Dak Prescott in Cleveland, New York, Jacksonville, or San Francisco would have looked like quite a different player than he did in Dallas.

Just my $0.02

I think having two experienced quarterbacks, Romo and Garrett, to help him out was a key factor in his emergence. Without them, and without our line and Zeke to take the rookie stress off his back, I think things could have turned out very differently. What he had by default was love of the game and an ability to lead, and the people around him helped with the rest. If he were somewhere else, he'd be a leader, but I don't know how skilled a passer he'd be.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Makes sense, considering these franchises are making very poor decisions.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:

Makes sense, considering these franchises are making very poor decisions.

A team will want Cutler. Not right away, obviously.
But, someone will make him an offer. Might be a backup offer, though....or a "prove yourself" type of thing.

He is also coming off of major shoulder surgery, from a torn labrum.
So before anything, he'll need to pass a physical. If he can't, he may be forced to retire

That is true, many teams won't even give him a look. They won't care, either way.
Kaepernick is in the same boat.
Osweiller, too...he is on the Browns' roster, for the sole reason that a 2nd round pick came with him

Return to “NFL Football”