Super Bowl LI

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Super Bowl LI

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:18 pm

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:They definitely like to pass. They like to pass a lot. And I can see why, with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

You've got to pass it to score, but you've got to run it to win. The decision to run shouldn't come to hard, considering they have one of the NFL's best running backs in Devonta Freeman.

They have Freeman and Coleman, and they were collectively averaging around 5-6 YPC.

I know, crazy right? You've got to have a good mix of run and pass plays. Is that a quote from Madden 08? I think it is.

Lol to quote M08 " Running the ball keeps the defense honest" - John Madden XD....too much playing madden ingrains these audio pearls into your head over time ...hahahah....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:02 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Lol to quote M08 " Running the ball keeps the defense honest" - John Madden XD....too much playing madden ingrains these audio pearls into your head over time ...hahahah....

Running the ball can really open up the pass.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:16 pm

mee wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Lol to quote M08 " Running the ball keeps the defense honest" - John Madden XD....too much playing madden ingrains these audio pearls into your head over time ...hahahah....

Running the ball can really open up the pass.

It could've opened up the champagne bottles too

Edit: Maddenism. Got it.

"The defense should be expecting a run or a pass here."
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Madden 08 - "Tom brady is a tough guy, he's also a cool guy" = happens when TB12 throws 2 TD's at least against you in game lol....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:36 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Madden 08 - "Tom brady is a tough guy, he's also a cool guy" = happens when TB12 throws 2 TD's at least against you in game lol....

I've never heard that one... because I've never played against the Patriots. :lol:

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:44 am

JSamuel wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Madden 08 - "Tom brady is a tough guy, he's also a cool guy" = happens when TB12 throws 2 TD's at least against you in game lol....

I've never heard that one... because I've never played against the Patriots. :lol:

Wow.
I have no idea why, but this brought back a distant memory.
Do any of you guys remember the "Gameday" NFL games for PS1...yes, the original Sony Playstation.
Any way, in Gameday '98 Dick Enberg and Phil Sims were the commentators on that game and Ryan Leaf was one of the "Stars" and they used him heavily to market the game and he even performed a lot the mo-cap for it.
Well if Ryan Leaf was having a great game, sometimes it would trigger a line from Phil Sims - "I played in a celebrity golf tournament with Ryan Leaf during the off-season. Guess what? He's a pretty good golfer"
I said it sometimes triggered, I meant it always triggered. It was PS1, and the audio file was limited and heavily looped.

Sheesh, that was 20 years ago. Man, I'm getting old

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:51 am

1312qohelet wrote:Well if Ryan Leaf was having a great game, sometimes it would trigger a line from Phil Sims - "I played in a celebrity golf tournament with Ryan Leaf during the off-season. Guess what? He's a pretty good golfer"

Hilarious... is Phil Sims one of the announcers in Madden 08 PC?

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:02 pm

JSamuel wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Well if Ryan Leaf was having a great game, sometimes it would trigger a line from Phil Sims - "I played in a celebrity golf tournament with Ryan Leaf during the off-season. Guess what? He's a pretty good golfer"

Nope.
Madden 08pc is AL MICHAELS - play by play, and of course you know Madden himself.

Perhaps someone can confirm this, though.
Was Phil Sims, or is Phil Sims a commentator for any of the current/recent console Madden games???
I think he is/was, but I am not 100%

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:37 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

Nope.
Madden 08pc is AL MICHAELS - play by play, and of course you know Madden himself.

Perhaps someone can confirm this, though.
Was Phil Sims, or is Phil Sims a commentator for any of the current/recent console Madden games???
I think he is/was, but I am not 100%

Phil Collins Cris Collinsworth did it from 09 to 12. Phil Simms and Jim Nantz did it from 13 on. Then EA cut the budget and for 17 it is two guys I've never heard of.
Brandon Gaudin, who has been the voice of Georgia Tech sports, will take over as the play-by-play commentator of Madden NFL 17, and Fox Sports NFL analyst Charles Davis will serve as the color commentator
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:13 pm

trey31 wrote:
Brandon Gaudin, who has been the voice of Georgia Tech sports, will take over as the play-by-play commentator of Madden NFL 17, and Fox Sports NFL analyst Charles Davis will serve as the color commentator

I know who Charles Davis is. He also works for NFL Network and has done commentary. I have no idea who the other guy is, though. Reportedly EA hired him because he "just sounds like sports." Seems like a cop out.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “NFL Football”