Hall of Fame

Re: Super Bowl LI

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:30 pm

Greatest game I've ever seen.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Most of the conversation has been in the playoff challenge thread, but it would be better to discuss it here anyway.

It was certainly the most thrilling one I've ever watched. For a short time, I had dropped out after halftime. When the Pats finally got their first touchdown, I came back just to see if the Falcons would score another TD to put the game on ice. The rest of the game, I was all about "if they do score this, it will still be impossible, but mathematically it works." I still can't get over it, nor can I get over the repeated shotgun snaps that took Atlanta out of field goal range.

My contribution:

Spoiler:

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:17 pm

NickyJ wrote:Most of the conversation has been in the playoff challenge thread, but it would be better to discuss it here anyway.

It was certainly the most thrilling one I've ever watched. For a short time, I had dropped out after halftime. When the Pats finally got their first touchdown, I came back just to see if the Falcons would score another TD to put the game on ice. The rest of the game, I was all about "if they do score this, it will still be impossible, but mathematically it works." I still can't get over it, nor can I get over the repeated shotgun snaps that took Atlanta out of field goal range.

My contribution:

Spoiler:

hahashsahSAhsahSAHsahsahs
when came to the halftime show, I went to take a shower and do my dinner...
came back the game is a one possession ball... :shock:

They fail in be agressive... in this drive you talked... if they just run, run, run... being very conservator
in the playing calling... could be at least a field goal...

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Greatest game I've ever seen.

I've despised the Patriots since February 3, 2002 at approx. 8:50 p.m. CST.

I gloated after Spygate.

I rejoiced on February 3, 2008. I purchased N.Y. Giants apparel for the first time in my life. I gloated about the perfect 18-1 season.

I rejoiced again on February 5, 2012. Bought more N.Y. Giants apparel.

I pissed and moaned after Deflategate. I was beyond angry on February 1, 2015.

And then something very strange happened on February 5, 2017 at approx. 8:15 p.m. CST.

...I started rooting for the New England Patriots, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick (of all damn people), and especially James White.

Needless to say, I've spent most of today rethinking my life. One thing I am still very certain of though...

F*** the Los Angeles Rams of Inglewood
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

trey31 wrote:F*** the Los Angeles Rams of Inglewood

The Rams belong in LA. They still suck, but they belong in LA.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:03 pm

RevanFan wrote:

The Cards don't belong in Arizona. The Oilers have weird T logos on their helmet. The Ravens trophies belong in Ohio. That team in Cleveland now is an abomination and should be forcefully removed from Earth-616... :lol:

I will say one thing though, my old St. Louis Rams hats and one of my hoodies tasted super weird and chemical-ly when I used them to grill lamb cutlets, but it was a thoroughly satisfying meal nonetheless.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:32 pm

trey31 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

The Cards don't belong in Arizona. The Oilers have weird T logos on their helmet. The Ravens trophies belong in Ohio. That team in Cleveland now is an abomination and should be forcefully removed from Earth-616... :lol:

I will say one thing though, my old St. Louis Rams hats and one of my hoodies tasted super weird and chemical-ly when I used them to grill lamb cutlets, but it was a thoroughly satisfying meal nonetheless.

Okay, this is off topic, but is it wrong that I like Earth-199999 more than Earth-616? I mean, they're both great, but 199999 is a bit ahead in my mind. Probably just because I don't have a lot of experience with 616.

Okay, back on topic: Yeah, when I first learned about that Cleveland situation, I got really pissed off for Cleveland fans. I can understand how awful that must have been. How betrayed they must have felt. Must be how Chargers fans feel now, actually.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 pm

RevanFan wrote:
trey31 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The Rams belong in LA. They still suck, but they belong in LA.

Okay, this is off topic, but is it wrong that I like Earth-199999 more than Earth-616? I mean, they're both great, but 199999 is a bit ahead in my mind. Probably just because I don't have a lot of experience with 616.

Okay, back on topic: Yeah, when I first learned about that Cleveland situation, I got really pissed off for Cleveland fans. I can understand how awful that must have been. How betrayed they must have felt. Must be how Chargers fans feel now, actually.

I've always been partial to Earth-295. Interested to see if it comes up in Legion at some point.

Back on topic: re-watching the game right now. Unreal how everything happened.

SteveV
Rookie

Postby SteveV » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Among a host of anomalies about the game one that struck me is Matt Ryan had a passer rating of 155.8, the MVP had a rating of 96.8 :oops:

It is one thing to 'stick with your principles' but sometimes common sense is a better guide. If Atlanta runs the ball three times and try a field goal after Julio Jones' miraculous catch they almost certainly win. Dan Quinn will be a great head coach (if he isn't already) but a lack of experience did him in there.

Return to “NFL Football”