13%
other
No votes

Total votes: 16

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: Who wins the NFL MVP?

Postby AaronS » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 pm

JSamuel wrote:I just meant that the thought of Mexico is scary. I've heard several stories about people getting kidnapped by drug cartels. And I've heard stories about the poor government.

Its not any less safe than the big cities in the US.

The big tourist cities there (Puerto Vallarta, Cancun) have NO industry. They rely almost SOLELY on tourism. The Mexican government doesn't let the Cartel run wild. They can't. People would stop going. But if you walk around alone in parts of town you shouldn't be, BAD things are going to happen to you. No different than Chicago or New York City.

Use good judgement, don't be irresponsible and you've got nothing to worry about in Mexico.

JSamuel wrote:And Donald Trump is president. Yep, I would be nervous if I was in charge of Mexico right now, with my northern neighbor being lead by a man who wants me to pay for a wall.

He can talk all he wants about a wall. It ain't happenin!

Trump is a businessman, one of the smartest, Hundreds of millions spent on a wall? Perhaps toward the end of his term, IF the economy is booming. At this point, that's hundreds of millions better spent elsewhere. Roads, highways, bridges.. education.. a more responsible healthcare plan.. He's got bigger fish to fry.

DEPORTATIONS on the other hand?.. ABSOLUTELY.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I just meant that the thought of Mexico is scary. I've heard several stories about people getting kidnapped by drug cartels. And I've heard stories about the poor government.

Its not any less safe than the big cities in the US.

The big tourist cities there (Puerto Vallarta, Cancun) have NO industry. They rely almost SOLELY on tourism. The Mexican government doesn't let the Cartel run wild. They can't. People would stop going. But if you walk around alone in parts of town you shouldn't be, BAD things are going to happen to you. No different than Chicago or New York City.

Use good judgement, don't be irresponsible and you've got nothing to worry about in Mexico.

JSamuel wrote:And Donald Trump is president. Yep, I would be nervous if I was in charge of Mexico right now, with my northern neighbor being lead by a man who wants me to pay for a wall.

He can talk all he wants about a wall. It ain't happenin!

Trump is a businessman, one of the smartest, Hundreds of millions spent on a wall? Perhaps toward the end of his term, IF the economy is booming. At this point, that's hundreds of millions better spent elsewhere. Roads, highways, bridges.. education.. a more responsible healthcare plan.. He's got bigger fish to fry.

DEPORTATIONS on the other hand?.. ABSOLUTELY.

No political discussions.

Also, about the Mexico discussion: You mention New York City. As someone who lives pretty close, and goes there several times a year, I would like to say that, if you act like you belong, don't look like a tourist, and walk with confidence, you're fine anywhere in the City during the day. At night... I'd stay away from Jamaica or Brownsville. And the South Bronx.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:16 am

This is a discussion about the NFL MVP race. Please stay on topic.

Thanks!
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:38 am

Yes please stay on the topic...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:52 am

I used to keep up with the dates, but when is the MVP usually announced? I assume how a player does in playoffs doesn't have any affect his MVP standing. If that is the case, I expect Matt Ryan. Aaron Rodgers has been on fire these past few weeks, but the playoffs game are where he has shined with most. Ryan has done well the entire season.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:04 pm

NickyJ wrote:I used to keep up with the dates, but when is the MVP usually announced? I assume how a player does in playoffs doesn't have any affect his MVP standing. If that is the case, I expect Matt Ryan. Aaron Rodgers has been on fire these past few weeks, but the playoffs game are where he has shined with most. Ryan has done well the entire season.

All the awards are announced the day before the Super Bowl. They've all already been voted on, I think.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:07 pm

I think they should include the playoffs in the MVP voting. After all, it's arguably the most important part of the season. However, whether you include or don't include the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers gets my vote. He practically put the entire city of Green Bay on his shoulders and took them to where they are now.

1 vote Aaron Rodgers.
Madden 08 Greatest Historical Teams Mod Creator

Return to “NFL Football”