NFL Playoffs Challenge 2016

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL Playoffs Challenge 2016

Postby JSamuel » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:15 am

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:How long till we do a challenge to pick every week of the regular season?

I dunno, I think I'd get fatigued by the number of games we'd have to pick. Plus that's way too many games to keep track of - you'd have to do something on ESPN or NFL.com. But if you guys are up for it, we could do it.

I was joking... but I'd do it if there was an outside source to keep track.

I was actually planning on starting a weekly pick-em for us on NFL.com.

It would keep track of everything, so Danchat wouldn't have to work so hard... :lol:

Before next season starts I'll post a link; I'll probably set up some kind of an application thing so only FI members can know the password.

Oh the long, long wait...

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:54 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:How long till we do a challenge to pick every week of the regular season?

I dunno, I think I'd get fatigued by the number of games we'd have to pick. Plus that's way too many games to keep track of - you'd have to do something on ESPN or NFL.com. But if you guys are up for it, we could do it.

I was joking... but I'd do it if there was an outside source to keep track.

How about a picking game for all games that start at 4:30 or later? Or maybe just prime-time games on Thursdays, Sundays and Mondays?

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:26 pm

I like this idea.
A weekly football pool sounds great.

How could we run it, though? That's a ton of work keeping track of everyone's w's/l's for 12-15 games, every weekend.

Personally, I would much rather keep it "In-House", but it may be too much work.
So, JSamuel's idea is worth some consideration.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:29 pm

1312qohelet wrote:

I like this idea.

How could we run it, though? That's a ton of work keeping track of everyone's w's/l's for 12-15 games, every weekend.

Personally, I would much rather keep it "In-House", but it may be too much work.

Hey, if you want to keep it "In-House" why don't you volunteer to keep track of everyone's picks? I'm sure it would be a cinch! :lol:

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 pm

JSamuel wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

I like this idea.

Hey, if you want to keep it "In-House" why don't you volunteer to keep track of everyone's picks? I'm sure it would be a cinch! :lol:

I wouldn't mind...not at all.
There is just no way I would be able to devote that much time on it.

Keeping it here, on the site, is ideal. However, mee set up a bracket group for us on ESPN, for March Madness last year and it worked really well.
It was a lot of fun.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am

1312qohelet wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I like this idea.

I wouldn't mind...not at all.
There is just no way I would be able to devote that much time on it.

If we did a weekly pick-em with NFL.com, we wouldn't use their site hardly at all; except to set picks and keep track. We would have a thread on this site for everything else.

Return to “NFL Football”