Bengals CHEATED Out of Win

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:26 am

So the score is 16-15. Pittsburgh has the ball on Cinci's 47 with 30 seconds left.

Roethlisberger throws a strike to Antonio Brown who gets completely obliterated by Burfict. This was a bang-bang play; JUST like Shazier's hit on Bernard. That hit was OBVIOUSLY contact with the helmet, and he was not penalized. Furthermore, it appears Burfict attempts to duck down and try to avoid hitting Brown after seeing Brown miss the catch. It's obvious that Burfict hits Brown with his SHOULDER rather than his helmet. Shazier hit Bernard with his HELMET.

What's up with that?

Now I don't have a problem with that being called a penalty (although the Shazier hit was arguably worse and was CLEARLY illegal).

What I have a problem with is this:

WHY THE HELL IS JOEY PORTER ON THE FIELD???? It's not 2005! He's not a player anymore! He's a COACH!

Joey Porter should have been FLAGGED for 15 yards, NEGATING the Burfict penalty. Steelers would have had 1st down on the 47 yard line AGAIN.

Instead, JONES was penalized, bringing the ball to the 17 yard line and giving the Steelers 30 free yards.

There is no way in HELL that Boswell hits a 65 yard field goal, let alone a 50 yarder if the 2nd scenario was not penalized at all. And with 18 seconds left and no time-outs, Pittsburgh is screwed against Cincy's defense.

Cincy was cheated out of a win. They are not dirty. Marvin Lewis does not deserve to be fired. If Porter was flagged rightfully instead of Jones, he would be celebrated as the greatest Cincy coach ever.

But it's a disgrace when something like that is blatantly missed. It's disgusting.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Sponsor

Sponsor

BrentSeahawks
Rookie

Re: Bengals CHEATED Out of Win

Postby BrentSeahawks » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:08 am

Wow, that definitely puts this in a new light. Seem like the Bengals went back to being the Bungles. That sucks for them.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:32 am

First of all, there are far too many penalties in the NFL game.
Secondly, because there are far too many penalties a lot get missed.
So forevermore this AFC post-season will be marred by the "officiating", and by association the "Super Bowl 50" as well. :(

My solution is to stop penalizing the players for helmet contact, except for in three important circumstances.
1) Any helmet contact to the quarterback before, while, or just after he is throwing the football.
2) Spearing.
3) Intentional helmet first contact to any opponent at the knees or below.

Obviously clipping would remain illegal.
Otherwise, anything goes.

To compensate for this rule change a new helmet would need to be used.
My solution would have the players use a standardized form of dense Styrofoam custom fitted helmet with a plastic/rubber face guard and built-in transparent eye shield.
Coat the helmet part with a thin plastic shell that would contain the artwork/finish.
Design the entire thing where (only) the most violent of collisions would cause it to shatter like a fireworked egg!!! :D
That would be cool.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:19 am

So the score is 16-15. Pittsburgh has the ball on Cinci's 47 with 30 seconds left.

Roethlisberger throws a strike to Antonio Brown who gets completely obliterated by Burfict. This was a bang-bang play; JUST like Shazier's hit on Bernard. That hit was OBVIOUSLY contact with the helmet, and he was not penalized. Furthermore, it appears Burfict attempts to duck down and try to avoid hitting Brown after seeing Brown miss the catch. It's obvious that Burfict hits Brown with his SHOULDER rather than his helmet. Shazier hit Bernard with his HELMET.

What's up with that?

Now I don't have a problem with that being called a penalty (although the Shazier hit was arguably worse and was CLEARLY illegal).

What I have a problem with is this:

WHY THE HELL IS JOEY PORTER ON THE FIELD???? It's not 2005! He's not a player anymore! He's a COACH!

As a Steelers fan ..first this game was a classic smash mouth game.
The hit on Hill was legal because he caught the ball and made a football move, also he lower his shoulder to deliver a hit toward Shazier. Now Burfict should have been given a personal foul excessive celebration after his INT, especially taking off his helmet and taking the ball and running out of the endzone into the tunnel. That also could have been a delay of game penalty. His hit on Brown was because it was by rule a defenseless receiver. not as much a blow to the head. Porter being on the field was to check on an injured player. The trash talking that went on as inexcusable.Pacman's penalty came when he argued with an official and bumping him. Look there was alot of back and forth bad examples of sportsmanship. It comes down to this players and coaches loosing their composure and being selfish instead of what is good for the team.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “NFL Football”