NFL Playoffs Challenge 2016

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL Playoffs Challenge 2016

Postby mee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 pm

AaronS wrote:Hall should have been called for a personal foul for leading with his helmet when he broke Jordys ribs.

Guess we'll have to call it even.

Did that lead DIRECTLY to a Giants TD? No.
AaronS wrote:The moral of the story being;

Don't let the officials decide outcomes of games. Soundly beat your opponent.

Of course. Giants WRs and Special Teams was why they lost not the refs..

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:00 am

mee wrote:Did that lead DIRECTLY to a Giants TD? No.

The Packers scored 38 points *without* Jordy Nelson.

How many would they have scored WITH him?

How many points will they score without him on Sunday? Halls hit has the potential to end the Packers season.

Rixster67r
MVP

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Seattle over Atlanta (experience pays off)
New England over Houston (although this could be a major upset) Houston is due to have a good showing in New England and they got spanked last time
Pittsburgh over Kansas City (this should be a really good game)
Dallas over Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers is making me nervous for the boys)

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm switching up my picks (again).

With my luck, probably every team I think is going to win will... lose. But anyway, here are my picks:

HOU vs NE
PIT vs KC
SEA vs ATL
GB vs DAL
Cheerio, and go Pats!
Play live online: Guide to Madden Online Play
In development: 5th and 6th Grade Football Mod

"A joke is a very serious thing." –Winston Churchill

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 pm

I'm changing my prediction for PIT vs. KC from PIT winning to KC winning. Going with my gut.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:21 am

HOU vs NE
PIT vs KC
SEA vs ATL
GB vs DAL

Edit: Changing PIT vs KC to PIT vs KC

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:40 am

ROUND 2

HOU@NE
PIT@KC
GB@DAL
SEA@ATL

ultimatum77
MVP

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 am

HOU vs NE
PIT vs KC
SEA vs ATL
GB vs DAL

NE will win this game before the 2nd half even takes place by having a 21 pt lead 28-7 by halftime 42-20 final...the texans might as well not even come to the game as they always struggle against the patriots....make some early offseason vacation plans lol like the giants wr's did XD....

Pit will win b/c AB will torch the field and have a 200 yrd plus game, and Andy Reid is a notorious playoff flopper....(cue many nfc champ games for eagles) he just fails to win in the postseason whether due to poor play calling/lack of aggressiveness or him just being andy reid- mr. playoff game loser....look for KC to move on from Alex Smith this upcoming offseason by either drafting a replacement or getting a free agent/trade like Romo or Kaepernick. Smith will be a backup next season....

Sea will win b/c matt ryan is another playoff loser.....matty ice will become matty-not so nice.....he will throw 2 picks leading to seattle scores and play catchup the rest of the way against seattle's early lead....24-10 halftime 35-17 final seattle wins

Dal...GB is peaking at the right time but I still don't trust their defense....I think Dallas with a lot of players from the playoff loss to the packers on the romo-bryant catch or no catch debacle will want revenge....a hungry dallas team will look for revenge and a laser focused dez bryant will torch the packers for at least 150 yrds if not more and 2 TDs. After establishing an early lead...ezekiel elliot will be used as the "clock-killa" in the late 3rd and all of the 4th quarter to run the game down and keep rodgers on the bench.....every play clock will be run down till the 5 sec mark at least to reduce the T.O.Possession for Rodgers and the packers offense....24-10 Dallas at halftime.....35-24 final score dallas wins....

Update: Ezekiel elliot will have 216 yrds rushing and 50 yrds receiving.....by the end of the game....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Col. Trautman
Pro Bowl

Postby Col. Trautman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:17 am

We'll see how the Pack defense shuts down the run. Maybe you didn't notice, but the defense had trouble stopping the pass, with the injured secondary. The run stopping was quite good. I see a different scenario unfolding. The Cowboy defense isn't half as good as the Giants, same with the offense; overall the Giants are a better team than the Cowboys. I think the Packers will establish themselves in the 1st half and send the dagger early 3rd quarter.

Eros
All-Pro

Postby Eros » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 am

ROUND 2

HOU@NE
PIT@KC
GB@DAL
SEA@ATL

Return to “NFL Football”