No votes
No
59%

Total votes: 17

Rixster67r
MVP

Re: Is the NFL rigged/fixed?

Postby Rixster67r » Sun May 05, 2019 11:06 am

I voted I don't know because there was no sometimes I think it is option lol :lol:

Basically it boils down to this....... if my team loses then it was rigged if my team wins then everything is good and no one cheated :D :) :oops: ;) :(

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I voted I don't know because there was no sometimes I think it is option lol :lol:

Basically it boils down to this....... if my team loses then it was rigged if my team wins then everything is good and no one cheated :D :) :oops: ;) :(

That seems to be how everyone feels haha.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

1wizard4u
Rookie

Postby 1wizard4u » Sun May 05, 2019 10:49 pm

yes

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun May 12, 2019 3:51 pm

I'd say no. Honestly, to me this is a fact that exists due to New England doing things and getting called on it (Exhibit A: Deflategate. Exhibit B: Spygate), which other teams did and weren't (If memory serves, some coaches did admit to recording their opponent's walkthroughs.) Games might seem rigged because a) Human error is a constant that can't be removed (it can be minimized, though). Just remember the uncalled DPI in the NFC championship game, or an early Ravens-Browns game where a blatant DPI (the receiver got tackled) was ignored because the ball was uncatchable (because the only ones that could catch were on the turf. They were fast enough to make a play). Then we have b) the NFL rulebook, which is convoluted and confusing, doesn't help. And considering the NFL does all it can to NOT change it's rules (It took about 8 or so years of playoff changing incidents for the NFL to simplify the catch rule. Not that it helped Calvin, or Dez or Jesse), it can get silly.
Who Dares Wins

TeeNice
Pro Bowl

Postby TeeNice » Fri May 17, 2019 10:26 pm

emphatic yes!!!! There is a long history of foul fixed play across professional American sports. From fixed boxing, shady baseball to corrupt basketball and football and even horse racing. I can't call out hockey but the rest of them have stunk for ages! NBA referee's we exposed several times for cheating! How many time have you heard the words "BAD CALL, MISSED CALL, NO CALL"???? Tuck Rule my ass, Raiders were supposed to win!! How many ref's have came out after and say they blew the call, too many is all? NFL and NBA are the worst of them all in today's era! Players play the games, but do NOT dictate who wins! The old guy's in the stripes dictate who wins every time! Referee's are the intangible to every winner and loser in all sports! Ref's have been known for taking bribes for ever! And simply because gambling in america is big and lots of greedy people, games are rigged! Last rigged event I witnessed was the ncaa mens championship game! I am so fed up with american sports, I don't watch baseball since 2010. I stopped watching NBA 2016 only playoffs last season. NFL is soon to come to a close for me! Give me 24 hr Leman's and I'm good for the year!

sarcasticface
MVP

Postby sarcasticface » Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 pm

TeeNice wrote:emphatic yes!!!! There is a long history of foul fixed play across professional American sports. From fixed boxing, shady baseball to corrupt basketball and football and even horse racing. I can't call out hockey but the rest of them have stunk for ages! NBA referee's we exposed several times for cheating! How many time have you heard the words "BAD CALL, MISSED CALL, NO CALL"???? Tuck Rule my ass, Raiders were supposed to win!! How many ref's have came out after and say they blew the call, too many is all? NFL and NBA are the worst of them all in today's era! Players play the games, but do NOT dictate who wins! The old guy's in the stripes dictate who wins every time! Referee's are the intangible to every winner and loser in all sports! Ref's have been known for taking bribes for ever! And simply because gambling in america is big and lots of greedy people, games are rigged! Last rigged event I witnessed was the ncaa mens championship game! I am so fed up with american sports, I don't watch baseball since 2010. I stopped watching NBA 2016 only playoffs last season. NFL is soon to come to a close for me! Give me 24 hr Leman's and I'm good for the year!

Brees > Brady
Brees = GOAT
91 NFL Records > 60 NFL Records
97.7 Passer Rating > 97.6 Passer Rating
Stats > Rings
520, 74437, 67.3% > 517, 70514, 64.0%

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am

The NFL has too many open ended rules ,where the refs have different opinions. Even though the league shows them what the rule is suppose to be. It still comes down to human judgement. Yes there have been some extremely bad calls.. but remember at one time there was only one TV camera ..no instant replay and also the only commentators where from the teams themselves. So more angles on replays, bigger and faster players and the rules that have been changed over the years have taken away things that the defense can do.
Is the game influenced by Las Vegas? I always believed that ALL the refs should be full time employees of the NFL. So time will tell if these new rules help or make more confusion..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Heck yes they are fixed. You can actually find that most games are predicted on the dark web and the score is usually very accurate.....it's been shown that Vegas actually uses this to make the odds so that the house always wins.....Also it's funny how certain home teams do get favorable penalty calls yet the opponent is never given the same calls.....there are several examples of this league wide....especially with pass interference/false starts/encroachment.....from multiple teams for years.....

Also does no one remember Tim Donahuhe? The guy who fixed the Sun and Spurs playoff games back when Nash was with Phoenix and I think the year was 2006????

Or even tennis matches back in the 90's and early 2000s where a certain tennis player would throw the match b/c he was in a betting circle making odds for each tennis tournament.....

I have stopped watching professional sports period. It's so boring and a waste of time.....b/c grown men playing a children's game and making millions for nothing......people will debate...oh they are talented...they are risking their body ....yes ok maybe so...but no one can justify the outrageous amount of money that both teams and players usurp from the common man for a stupid game or ticket.......

It is always about money money money! Not entertainment, or "supporting your team" whatever that means......The wealthy suck the wallet dry of the common man via jerseys, tickets, merchandise, memorabilia, TV rights etc......

Even the bogus Lebron willing a championship to Cleveland....what a load of bs....you can see the warriors players basically quit in the final game with no hustle in the last 2 minutes......especially andre igoudala I remember watching that series he just didn't even try for a rebound when he was close to one.....

David Stern fixing lotto picks...in the NBA.....
Roger Goodell basically giving crazy punishments to some players and then letting some get off the hook with a small slap on the wrist.....

of course sports is fixed......

I will get a lot of flack from people here....but don't care....it's my opinion and no one is going to change it......
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “NFL Football”