NFL Playoffs Challenge 2019

Col. Trautman
All-Pro

Re: NFL Playoffs Challenge 2019

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:38 pm

As always the picks get harder during divisional week....

Andrew Luck has been great lately, and this will be Patrick Mahomes' 1st playoff appearance. He put up great stats in the regular season, but as we saw in wild card weekend those 1st year QBs had some issues in the brighter lights of a playoff field. So I am going with:

IND over KC (probably with a wild finish)
LAR over DAL (sorry RevanFan, but the Rams look like the better team here)
NE over LAC (this was a tough call)
NO over PHI (since the Eagles only advanced thanks to a well called timeout and a defensive tip of the GWFG on the second try, I envision the Saints giving the Eagles another sound thrashing like earlier this season.)

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm

IND at KC
DAL at LAR
LAC at NE
PHI at NO
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm

All right, time to analyze my picks and change them if necessary. After some thinking and reading around, my picks are nearly the same as the post earlier this week. Those are:

IND over KC (History doesn't favor the Chiefs. Not just the Chiefs playoff history, but the history that relates to teams with terrible defenses. The counter point is Patrick freaking Mahomes, but this is his first playoff year, so he could flame out like the other 1st year playoff QBs)
LAR over DAL (Seattle succumbed to offensive malpractice and a pretty good defense. I don't think this will be the case on this one. LA's bad days tend to be better than Dallas' bad days. And when LA has a great day, it is hard to stop, ask the Chiefs)
NE over LAC (Sure, New England is not as great as last year, but they are still pretty good. The Chargers are also pretty good, but I think New England makes the AFCCG .... again. Unless the Chargers go man blitz heavy, which they won't. Brady is still, you know, good when he has a pocket to throw from and you give him areas in zones to throw into. If you must ask, yes, I banged my head against a wall when picking NE. The Steelers fan in me does not approve.)
NO over PHI (All right, 2 things will happen here. Either the obvious will happen, and Saints will win that game. Or the Eagles will pull an upset similar to the 2010 Jets upset over the Pats in the playoffs ... yeah, no, not this season. Theres only space for so many shocking playoff upsets in a decade.)

Rixster67r
MVP

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:58 pm

IND
LAR
NE
NO

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 pm

IND at KC
DAL at LAR
LAC at NE
PHI at NO

These were some tough picks. I've picked against Nick Foles 4 times in the past two years of the playoffs, and I'm 0-4... and it might be time to go 0-5. But I just can't pick against the Saints in New Orleans. Meanwhile, Tom Brady has never been defeated by Rivers once in his entire career... and the Patriots near unbeatable at home. But you guys sure like the Chargers this time around, huh?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Danchat wrote:Tom Brady has never been defeated by Rivers once in his entire career... and the Patriots near unbeatable at home. But you guys sure like the Chargers this time around, huh?

Patriots dynasty started with a Superbowl win against the Eagles and it ended with a Superbowl loss to the Eagles. Life tends to make full circles.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:53 am

elguapo wrote:
Danchat wrote:Tom Brady has never been defeated by Rivers once in his entire career... and the Patriots near unbeatable at home. But you guys sure like the Chargers this time around, huh?

Patriots dynasty started with a Superbowl win against the Eagles and it ended with a Superbowl loss to the Eagles. Life tends to make full circles.

Except if the Dynasty ended, they wouldn't have ended up as the #2 seed the next season. That's still really good. I think it would take a sub-.500 or Brady/Belichick to be gone to end the dynasty.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:01 am

IND over KC KC 20-33
LAR over DAL LAR 44-14
NE over LAC LAC 7-27
NO over PHI NO 43-36 (this will be a shoot out compared to the other playoff games with the last possession giving NO a win....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:04 am

Danchat wrote:IND at KC
DAL at LAR
LAC at NE
PHI at NO

These were some tough picks. I've picked against Nick Foles 4 times in the past two years of the playoffs, and I'm 0-4... and it might be time to go 0-5. But I just can't pick against the Saints in New Orleans. Meanwhile, Tom Brady has never been defeated by Rivers once in his entire career... and the Patriots near unbeatable at home. But you guys sure like the Chargers this time around, huh?

I agree Rivers is bad in foxborough....but I think his defense will save his butt compared to NE offense. Nobody not even Gronk scares anyone on that receiving squad. Gronk has had a down year and has regressed a bit physically. Maybe it's too much partying eh? lol....He's a super player still but I think other than him and maybe the RB NE will have a lot of dropped passes this weekend and the charger's defense will scoop and score some fumbles/interceptions to bail a pedestrian if not game managing philip rivers....I like rivers but he's just too inconsistent to be a threat in the playoffs for several years now.....his defense will save him like manning with the broncos lol....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 am

Danchat wrote:IND at KC
DAL at LAR
LAC at NE
PHI at NO

I picked against foles last year too and came in 2nd place lol....darn foles ruined my record.....but he's a good player and I think he's very underrated for his clutch performances in prime situations....dude's a baller for sure. Only thing is I don't know if he can replicate it outside of Philly's offensive system where he fits in perfectly right now....he may go like brock osweiler ....for a big contract and then flame out.....

Return to “NFL Football”