Trubisky HYPE

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Trubisky HYPE

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am

RGIII would never work as a wide receiver. He's already lost most of his speed from his knee injuries.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
MVP

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 am

RevanFan wrote:RGIII would never work as a wide receiver. He's already lost most of his speed from his knee injuries.

I agree. In Cleveland he looked slower scrambling than Aaron Rodgers. Not that Aaron is slow, but his game is pocket passing and then buying enough time to throw. That was never RG3's game. RG3's first step, the planting and accelerating step, looked closer to Jake Taylor than Willie Mays Hayes.
"Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed."

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am

trey31 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:RGIII would never work as a wide receiver. He's already lost most of his speed from his knee injuries.

I agree. In Cleveland he looked slower scrambling than Aaron Rodgers. Not that Aaron is slow, but his game is pocket passing and then buying enough time to throw. That was never RG3's game. RG3's first step, the planting and accelerating step, looked closer to Jake Taylor than Willie Mays Hayes.

"Wild-Thing" Vaughn could probably keep up with him. I love it.

It's a real shame, too. He was a world-class sprinter at Baylor.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 am

We tried RG3 at WR once in 2013 or 2014. It was ugly.

Getting converted to WR won't automatically make you great either. Terrelle Pryor is over-hyped. He's okay at WR, but he's not looking the like #1 receiver he was billed as. He looks like the Redskins' second coming of Rod Gardner, aka "50/50" (who coincidentally played QB his freshman year in college before converting WR). Half the time he'll make a hard catch, half the time he'll drop an easy one. At all times, his route running is mediocre. He shined in Cleveland because they force-fed him the ball; everyone else was simply worse.

ultimatum77
MVP

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 pm

NickyJ wrote:We tried RG3 at WR once in 2013 or 2014. It was ugly.

Getting converted to WR won't automatically make you great either. Terrelle Pryor is over-hyped. He's okay at WR, but he's not looking the like #1 receiver he was billed as. He looks like the Redskins' second coming of Rod Gardner, aka "50/50" (who coincidentally played QB his freshman year in college before converting WR). Half the time he'll make a hard catch, half the time he'll drop an easy one. At all times, his route running is mediocre. He shined in Cleveland because they force-fed him the ball; everyone else was simply worse.

This is so true! I can remember all the NFL.com hype posts about Terrelle Pryor being the next dynamic #1/randy moss type player lol.....only to have an average season by wr standards.....then people make excuses about the teams he played for etc.....but the truth is a true dynamic wr will make game changing plays regardless of the team surrounding them.....I haven't seen enough from Pryor to agree with all the bogus written on NFL.com last year about him being some offensive dynamo.....just not happening...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

trey31
MVP

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:58 pm

1312qohelet wrote:"Wild-Thing" Vaughn could probably keep up with him. I love it.

It's a real shame, too. He was a world-class sprinter at Baylor.

I wanted to compare him from his last season playing in Cleveland to someone else from Cleveland. It was a toss up between Tom Berenger in Major League or Betty White from Hot in Cleveland. Either comparison to RG3's first step fits imho :lol:
"Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed."

Return to “NFL Football”