OHH CAMMM

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: OHH CAMMM

Postby NickyJ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:16 pm

The major part about why Gronkowski is so good is because he can block, as well as catch. A combination of good blocking and good catching is very hard to come by.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:06 am

NickyJ wrote:The major part about why Gronkowski is so good is because he can block, as well as catch. A combination of good blocking and good catching is very hard to come by.

Exactly. Look at Witten every year before 2011. He can't block a cockroach this season, but every year before, he was a great blocker, and one of the best receiving tight ends in the game.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:15 am

NickyJ wrote:The major part about why Gronkowski is so good is because he can block, as well as catch. A combination of good blocking and good catching is very hard to come by.

I don't agree, Gronkowski is so good because he has GREAT hands, runs excellent routes and is a major threat all over the field (middle of the field) and especially in the red zone. And because he is a great athlete, a really big target, easy for Brady to see on the field, Brady can put the ball up in places an average TE can't and won't go up and get, and other TE's aren't willing to stretch out and lay their bodies on the line, not because he's a good blocker. He's rarely asked to block on run plays and use more widely in their passing game. Hernandez is in there more to block than Gronkowski.

It makes me wonder why Ochocinco went there?? Maybe he thought he was going to be getting all of those looks and touches in New England's pass happy offense!

But guy's, this is about the media snub Cam got when he broke an age old QB record with 4 games remaining, not Gronkowski who imo is one of the top 3 TE's in the game today tying a touchdown record!

IMO if Cam had thrown for 5000 yards, I feel the media would have sucked him off a bit more. And, if Tim Tebow ever breaks Cam's NFL QB Rushing TD Record ( Cam did as a rookie guys, a rookie), I'm sure the media will be all over him as if JC has returned!

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Littleware wrote:

I don't agree, Gronkowski is so good because he has GREAT hands, runs excellent routes and is a major threat all over the field (middle of the field) and especially in the red zone. And because he is a great athlete, a really big target, easy for Brady to see on the field, Brady can put the ball up in places an average TE can't and won't go up and get, and other TE's aren't willing to stretch out and lay their bodies on the line, not because he's a good blocker. He's rarely asked to block on run plays and use more widely in their passing game. Hernandez is in there more to block than Gronkowski.

It makes me wonder why Ochocinco went there?? Maybe he thought he was going to be getting all of those looks and touches in New England's pass happy offense!

But guy's, this is about the media snub Cam got when he broke an age old QB record with 4 games remaining, not Gronkowski who imo is one of the top 3 TE's in the game today tying a touchdown record!

IMO if Cam had thrown for 5000 yards, I feel the media would have sucked him off a bit more. And, if Tim Tebow ever breaks Cam's NFL QB Rushing TD Record ( Cam did as a rookie guys, a rookie), I'm sure the media will be all over him as if JC has returned!

Gronkowski doesn't even have "Great" Hands. I seen him drop a ton of passes this year. He can make great catches but I've seen him drop a decent amount of on target passes. But ofc No one says anything. Cam Needs more credit. The dude is an animal.

If Tebow ever broke the record everyone would be riding him even more. I mean really Cam gets very little attention. Everyone said he can't pass. Well he has. And very little is mentioned. Tebow has ONE Decent passing game and everyone is all "he is improving so much at throwing the ball" its annoying. Marshal Faulk said it best, "He has to improve, because he couldn't go backwards" Meaning he couldn't do any worse. No credit goes to the D or Willis McGahee running like he is at the U again.

But Cam has carried his team, and no love at all. if he had Tebow's D the panthers would be like 9-2 right now.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 pm

If Tebow ever broke the record everyone would be riding him even more. I mean really Cam gets very little attention. Everyone said he can't pass. Well he has. And very little is mentioned. Tebow has ONE Decent passing game and everyone is all "he is improving so much at throwing the ball" its annoying. Marshal Faulk said it best, "He has to improve, because he couldn't go backwards" Meaning he couldn't do any worse. No credit goes to the D or Willis McGahee running like he is at the U again.

Can I clear something up? BEATING THE VIKINGS SECONDARY MEANS ABSOUTELY NOTHING.
ANYBODY can beat their secondary. Tim Tebow, Aaron Rodgers, or a freshman high school QB.
Beating the Vikings through the pass is NOT an accomplishment.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Carolina Panthers”