How much should matt ryan be paid?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Well the qb contract market will be set by how this deal goes down and sources say it will be the baseline for whatever deal aaron rodgers gets from the packers.....

so how much per year do you think he's worth and should he be paid as an "elite" qb despite having minimal success in terms of the playoffs (excluding their sb run)......you decide...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: How much should matt ryan be paid?

Postby Danchat » Sat May 05, 2018 3:17 pm

He's making way too much money, but they have to pay him or not have a franchise QB. It seems we're getting to a point where a QB will take up $20-30M on every team's payroll except for teams with rookie starters. This will limit their ability to sign free agents and extend their own players, but there are so many other teams doing the same thing, so I guess it's not quite as bad for them?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat May 05, 2018 3:48 pm

There is a lot of QBs making way too much money. Andrew Luck (Luck is one of those guys I can't hate. In his defense, the Colts are accused of attempted murder by sending him into the field with ghosts as offensive linemen), Matthew Stafford (I can't hate Stafford either. He's making so much money because there is no way Detroit is losing the best player they have), Jimmy Garoppolo (For a guy that just started 7 games, that's way too much money), Kirk Cousins (I have always felt he's overrated, a good, not great, QB), Sam Bradford (He and the Rams started all of this. Dude is getting payed for being injured pretty much), now Matt Ryan (I always thought about Ryan the same way I thought about Eli Manning. He's decent, not great, just decent).

Now Aaron Rodgers (Who to me is the best QB in the league. Yes, Touchdown Tom is still around, but I think A-Rod is the best right now) is going to get a HUGE deal because everyone else has a HUGE deal. Is not like doesn't deserve it, but man. $30M+? There is going to come a point where teams are going to just have 22 players in the team because salaries will be way too high ... ok, I'm exaggerating. Still, the QB salaries are going up and up and even more up.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Valid points guys, I think the quarterback payouts are getting way out of hand and agree that it drains the team of money for free agents or extensions for other good players. Maybe they will have to cap the quarterback salary to a range in an owners meeting or maybe the market will even out in a few years but yea qbs eat a lot of that money from the team unless you're like tom brady and take less per year then you're worth to have better skill players surrounding you.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Sun May 06, 2018 6:40 am

Except for the Eagles, whose team-first QBs seem to understand the team needs the other 50 guys

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 06, 2018 4:33 pm

henshao wrote:Except for the Eagles, whose team-first QBs seem to understand the team needs the other 50 guys

Are you referring to Wentz? Because he's not due for a new contract for another 2 or 3 years. He's still on his rookie deal.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 pm

On second thought I can't make heads or tails of Foles' new contract

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon May 07, 2018 9:26 am

henshao wrote:On second thought I can't make heads or tails of Foles' new contract

It would seem he's making $13.6M this season and there's an option for 2019 for $20M. That's probably in case something goes wrong with Wentz's knee, so it's more likely Foles hits the free agent market in 2019.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

henshao
Pro Bowl

Postby henshao » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am

From what I understand it's so incentivized that he makes backup money if he doesn't play and more money than Wentz if he plays, and plays well

Return to “Atlanta Falcons”