Tannehill is actually doing decent.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:21 am

As much as Tannehill flamed out in Miami, I'm glad the Titans have him as the quarterback now. Sure, the Titans lost to the Panthers but the way Tannehill is moving the ball around to his wide receivers is really fun to watch. He also has a good sense of when to tuck and run or succumb to the pressure. While the Titans probably won't make the playoffs I hope Tannehill has a good year and resurrects his image a bit. He's way better than Mariota at this part. The Mariota train is derailed just like Jameis Winston and both will be career backups and nothing more in the league.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Tannehill is actually doing decent.

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:51 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:As much as Tannehill flamed out in Miami, I'm glad the Titans have him as the quarterback now. Sure, the Titans lost to the Panthers but the way Tannehill is moving the ball around to his wide receivers is really fun to watch. He also has a good sense of when to tuck and run or succumb to the pressure. While the Titans probably won't make the playoffs I hope Tannehill has a good year and resurrects his image a bit. He's way better than Mariota at this part. The Mariota train is derailed just like Jameis Winston and both will be career backups and nothing more in the league.

Last I checked Jameis Winston is still a starter and almost beat the Seahawks. I'm no fan of his but you can't exactly say his train is derailed.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:50 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:As much as Tannehill flamed out in Miami, I'm glad the Titans have him as the quarterback now. Sure, the Titans lost to the Panthers but the way Tannehill is moving the ball around to his wide receivers is really fun to watch. He also has a good sense of when to tuck and run or succumb to the pressure. While the Titans probably won't make the playoffs I hope Tannehill has a good year and resurrects his image a bit. He's way better than Mariota at this part. The Mariota train is derailed just like Jameis Winston and both will be career backups and nothing more in the league.

Last I checked Jameis Winston is still a starter and almost beat the Seahawks. I'm no fan of his but you can't exactly say his train is derailed.

He's like Fitzpatrick, goes hot one week then cold the next.....he also turns the ball over quite a bit. Even though the last game had no ints and the fumble was caused by his lineman getting pushed into him......he's not a long term solution in Tampa Bay. He's Josh Freeman 2.0.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 am

I really like the way Tannehill is playing. He was pretty much the reason the Titans beat the chiefs on the comeback win. I didn't get to watch the game due to work but I watched the highlights and was impressed. The dude brings an element of toughness running on 3rd and 10 for a qb scramble in a must score drive at the end. His 2 point conversion was really gritty against a linebacker. Sure he hasn't had much success in his career overall, but the dude is seeing the field way better than Mariota at this stage of the game. His pocket awareness and ball placement is really good compared to Mariota. I hope he at least gives the Titans a winning record by year's end. Even if he isn't the starter next season and the Titans draft a qb, they should re-sign and keep Tannehill as a backup. The guy is solid and may not wow you on every play but a tough reliable backup qb is a good assett to have as many teams will also agree particularly this year with so many injuries to starter QBs.

The other ironic thing is I have had a custom Titans jersey with #17 for years as it's my favorite number. Tannehill picked that number this year for his own lol. He's quickly becoming a favorite player of mine to watch if he continues his good play. I like to watch guys comeback from injuries/bad overall play and battle with the best in the league. Hopefully he doesn't lay a dud on the next game and builds off this solid performance.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 pm

I sure hope they bring Tannehill back next season. Dude played great again this week, really impressed with his grit and toughness especially on his scrambles.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:55 am

This guy is legit. Titans should definitely bring him back next year whether Tennessee makes the playoffs or not. He makes Mariota's unwillingness to move the ball through the air even more apparent with how well the Titans offense has been since he took over. I really enjoy watching him throw deep and his qb-wr connection with AJ Brown is really good probably the best out of the Titans WRs. Go Titans! Go Tannehill!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:41 am

The Titans overpayed for Tannehill, (da#n you Kirk Cousins for resetting the market for middling qbs)....lol. However, I have a good feeling about this dude. I think he's in a good offensive system and as long as they can replace Jack Conklin and bring back Henry he should thrive in Tennessee. I could see Tannehill having that same sort of thing like Brees where once he changes scenery to a better system something just clicks and he becomes highly effective for several years. The biggest needs for the Titans is more TE depth (yes Jonu is good but he can still develop a lot more along with Firkser) and another RB (probably the draft) who can complement Henry as a pass catching back/breather-RB. Dion Lewis was just a huge disappointment and underperformer in that role. I'm glad the Titans cut him and saved the cap space. A fan of Delanie Walker but let's be real too old and too injury prone, it's time to go. I could see the Patriots trying to see if he has some gas left as a pass catcher or even the Packers (oddly enough in my franchise sim a few years ago, the Packers signed him as a FA). The Madden game has had some odd ways to correctly predict some signings in franchise mode lol.....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:50 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:The Titans overpayed for Tannehill, (da#n you Kirk Cousins for resetting the market for middling qbs)....lol. However, I have a good feeling about this dude. I think he's in a good offensive system and as long as they can replace Jack Conklin and bring back Henry he should thrive in Tennessee. I could see Tannehill having that same sort of thing like Brees where once he changes scenery to a better system something just clicks and he becomes highly effective for several years. The biggest needs for the Titans is more TE depth (yes Jonu is good but he can still develop a lot more along with Firkser) and another RB (probably the draft) who can complement Henry as a pass catching back/breather-RB. Dion Lewis was just a huge disappointment and underperformer in that role. I'm glad the Titans cut him and saved the cap space. A fan of Delanie Walker but let's be real too old and too injury prone, it's time to go. I could see the Patriots trying to see if he has some gas left as a pass catcher or even the Packers (oddly enough in my franchise sim a few years ago, the Packers signed him as a FA). The Madden game has had some odd ways to correctly predict some signings in franchise mode lol.....

As long as they keep him tucked behind a solid run game with tons of play-action, he will be ok! He's not the future and they do need to invest in a franchise qb in this draft! Say bye-bye to Mariota, that project failed! The Titans are a solid team across the board with few holes! QB should be a priority!

I repeat, Tannehill is a good qb, but not the future. Just a quick fix that filled in for a temporary time!

IMO, it was the run game and defense that got the Titans as far as they did. Tannehill did make some great plays, but only managed the games well enough not to lose them!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 am

I agree. I'm a bit worried that once the tape gets out on Tannehill and Arthur Smith's play calling, Tanehill's play may fall off.....I still think the Titans should draft a qb soon.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I agree. I'm a bit worried that once the tape gets out on Tannehill and Arthur Smith's play calling, Tanehill's play may fall off.....I still think the Titans should draft a qb soon.

The play calling is fine as long as there is run-more/pass-less balance to it! Like I said, Tannihill is good and can make plays, but don't force him to carry the team weekly and expect him to win games with his arm! Just ask Eli Manning about that! He can be successful and worth full season look under Varbel and Smith. Everyone wants to know if it was just a fluke that they finished so strong. Or is Tannihill growing up coming into his awareness and actually understanding what he needs to maintain his temporary success!! He can be successful in games with <25 pass attempts, but be smart and like he did last season, make them count when they suppose to! He can't throw 22 td's - 6 int's this season. Int's have to be lower this season. But, they did reach the AFC Championship, that's a statement the organization is proudly standing on!

They picked up Vick Beasley for pass rushing. I think it's a good move for both, Vic has a good motor!

Return to “Tennessee Titans”