Eric Decker signs 1yr deal with Titans

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Eric Decker signs 1yr deal with Titans

Postby trey31 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
trey31 wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Incoming Kotite Era.

I remember a game in '96 that was televised. Broadcast team was just verbally shitting all over the Jets. I said something not-so-nice, as a kid, about the Jets organization and that's when my Dad recalled to me the glory years of Broadway Joe and the Jets being the reason the AFL-NFL merger took place.

To that point, I had only been told history lessons about the glory years of the Chiefs; Hank Stram, Lenny Dawson, Lamar Hunt, Jan Stenerud, Bobby Bell, the 65 toss power trap. That and why it was vital to respect the Raiders organization, yet hate them equally as much (which might not make as much since today, but it made a lot of sense as a kid in the 90's). To that point I had never heard anything about the history of the Jets. All I knew prior to that game was that their 80's/90's logo was really stupid looking and the '96 team was one of the worst to ever play in the NFL :lol:

They're 80s design was "blech," but there 90s logo was pretty cool

Blech! indeed
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 am

trey31 wrote:
Spoiler:

I remember a game in '96 that was televised. Broadcast team was just verbally shitting all over the Jets. I said something not-so-nice, as a kid, about the Jets organization and that's when my Dad recalled to me the glory years of Broadway Joe and the Jets being the reason the AFL-NFL merger took place.
To that point, I had only been told history lessons about the glory years of the Chiefs; Hank Stram, Lenny Dawson, Lamar Hunt, Jan Stenerud, Bobby Bell, the 65 toss power trap. That and why it was vital to respect the Raiders organization, yet hate them equally as much (which might not make as much since today, but it made a lot of sense as a kid in the 90's). To that point I had never heard anything about the history of the Jets. All I knew prior to that game was that their 80's/90's logo was really stupid looking and the '96 team was one of the worst to ever play in the NFL :lol:

AFL owners should've never gone behind Al Davis's back to merge. The AFL would've eventually crushed/absorbed the NFL imo. They merged and it took the NFL twenty-four years just to put the AFL's two-point conversions back into the game, an obviously insanely exciting game mechanic. That PATs could be returned by the defense for so long in college football and not in the NFL is a similar such joke (albeit one that's easy not to notice since it happens so infrequently).

The AFL's owners were a group of people with an eye toward actually improving of the fundamentals and mechanics of football. I think that a group like that in NFL leadership today would find a way to address the safety concerns of the league without seeming like idiots who are doing nothing to prevent the hastening demise of their sport.

Anyway, the original point of me replying was to reassure you that your hatred/respect for the Raiders will serve you well in the coming years. You're going to feel so much better about Carr hoisting that Lombardi year after year than you did about Brady. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Edit: :: obligatory "the Patriots' successes were born on the back of the Raiders being cheated out of an AFC title game berth" comment ::
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm

IndyRevoly wrote:
trey31 wrote:
Spoiler:

AFL owners should've never gone behind Al Davis's back to merge. The AFL would've eventually crushed/absorbed the NFL imo. They merged and it took the NFL twenty-four years just to put the AFL's two-point conversions back into the game, an obviously insanely exciting game mechanic. That PATs could be returned by the defense for so long in college football and not in the NFL is a similar such joke (albeit one that's easy not to notice since it happens so infrequently).

The AFL's owners were a group of people with an eye toward actually improving of the fundamentals and mechanics of football. I think that a group like that in NFL leadership today would find a way to address the safety concerns of the league without seeming like idiots who are doing nothing to prevent the hastening demise of their sport.

Anyway, the original point of me replying was to reassure you that your hatred/respect for the Raiders will serve you well in the coming years. You're going to feel so much better about Carr hoisting that Lombardi year after year than you did about Brady. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Edit: :: obligatory "the Patriots' successes were born on the back of the Raiders being cheated out of an AFC title game berth" comment ::

OoooooKAY! :roll:

Return to “Tennessee Titans”