Breaking news Rams trade up for Titans #1 pick in 2016

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:22 pm

The rams have traded a horde of picks to select a rookie qb in the 2016 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rom-titans

"The terms are as follows: Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016) third-round pick (2016), first-round pick (2017), third-round pick (2017).

Rams get: Titans' first-overall pick (2016), fourth-round pick (2016), sixth-round pick (2016)."

I have to say as a Titans fan this is exciting, and about time we get some quality picks for the future. This was a heist of massive proportions from LA and may prove to be another RG3 type deal except the rams losing on their end this time? Only time will tell....but this move I did not expect at all pretty aggressive I must say....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Re: Breaking news Rams trade up for Titans #1 pick in 2016

Postby BigDaddyCool » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:38 pm

As a Rams fan I am on the opposite side of this - I hate this deal!

True we will now be able to get Carson Wentz (my preference) or Jared Goff, but who are they going to throw to? We were sitting pretty where we were with those day two picks and we could have gotten all the offensive help that we needed. We could have gotten a QB to go along with a WR, C and OG in the first couple of days to help out our offense and a TE on day three. Now that plan is shot to hell.

This is the RGIII deal in reverse. We fleeced the 'Skins for all of those picks so that they could pick RGIII, now karma is coming back to bite us in the ass!!!

We had better be able to trade Nick Foles for some picks on day two so that we can get some help for whoever we pick. Because if we don't this is the last season for Jeff Fisher and Les Snead.
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Yeah, this is a really good deal for the Titans, and the Rams will need their QB (should be Wentz) to be great. It's not quite as lopsided as the RG3 deal ( wasn't there at least 3 first round picks?), but the Rams are in dangerous territory. But they had to upgrade from Keenum/Foles, so at least they're trying.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Titans fans right now:

Rams fans right now:

Wentz upon hearing he might not go to Cleveland:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:04 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:Titans fans right now:

Rams fans right now:

Wentz upon hearing he might not go to Cleveland:

Lol yea I'm sure whoever gets drafted by the Rams will be glad to avoid Cleveland.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jedi4hire
All-Pro

Postby jedi4hire » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:19 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Lol yea I'm sure whoever gets drafted by the Rams will be glad to avoid Cleveland.....

Shows what you know. Joe Thomas is a one man O-line, our receivers stand tall at 5'6, and our running backs led the league in carries for a loss (at least they were first in something). 8-)
"Our vegetables are hand tossed through a cascade of water and chopped in mid air"

Browns customer service
Why the browns Don't have a website
they can't string three W's together :cry:

When the Browns win the Super Bowl?
close Madden :roll:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:05 pm

jedi4hire wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Lol yea I'm sure whoever gets drafted by the Rams will be glad to avoid Cleveland.....

Shows what you know. Joe Thomas is a one man O-line, our receivers stand tall at 5'6, and our running backs led the league in carries for a loss (at least they were first in something). 8-)

Lol, I applaud your humor/sarcasm but in reality I think they will have a 9-7 season next year with RG3 I'll go on record as believing in the them because they actually have a veteran qb and not a young one being thrown to the wolves like a rookie would be..... if they use RG3 in read-option offense only they will have a chance at winning games...but if Hue Jackson tries to go all west coast/pocket passing it's all over for RG3 and the browns will go 6-10...he hasn't progressed to that portion yet....he's like a vick with more throwing accuracy and they both do better when they are a threat to run to open up their offense.....Seattle got it right with wilson and tooling their offense around his running skills and the running game to open up passing but he's also a better pocket passer than RG3 so it will be up to Rg3 to make himself better by working on this in the offseason....and cleveland getting a good RB in the draft, trade, or FA. After all Arian Foster is still available and provided he can stay healthy can still move the chains (maybe not with speed but just power back I guess).....

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:56 pm

When you look at these 2 QBs, obviously they're not Manning or Elway.

There also wasn't a clear cut #1 QB in 2005. So if the Rams believe 1 of these guys can be Aaron Rodgers, I certainly don't fault them for making this move.

.. and it's not like Fisher and Snead struck gold with the RG3 trade. It was a nice haul of players yes, but they're still a sub-.500 football team. Until/unless they get a QB, that's what they'll continue to be.

Return to “Tennessee Titans”