Titans Acquire DeMarco Murray

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:46 am

It doesn't surprise me that the Eagles let Murray explore the trading market. They had too many good running backs. The Titans, on the other hand, are looking for a replacement for Chris Johnson, so they can complete their offensive transition to a new QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rom-eagles

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Titans Acquire DeMarco Murray

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:51 am

Austinmario13 wrote:It doesn't surprise me that the Eagles let Murray explore the trading market. They had too many good running backs. The Titans, on the other hand, are looking for a replacement for Chris Johnson, so they can complete their offensive transition to a new QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rom-eagles

If Murray can have even some of the success he had in Dallas, that would be HUGE for the development of Mariotta. Having a dominant RB takes a ton of pressure off of a young QB

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:32 pm

First Mariota, now DeMarco Murray... then probably Tunsil in the draft. Ugh, I hate it when the Titans start to acquire some talent.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:48 pm

It 's a win-win for me since I am rooting for both teams. Glad Titans will get a quality rusher. Hope he does like what he did in Dallas before signing with Eagles.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:41 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:First Mariota, now DeMarco Murray... then probably Tunsil in the draft. Ugh, I hate it when the Titans start to acquire some talent.

I wouldn't worry too much, dude. They were a mess last season.

And acquiring talent doesn't always equal success. Look at all the "talent" Philly had last season and they accomplished nothing. The Titans may be heading in the right direction, but I don't expect them to fight for a playoff spot in '16.....or '17, for that matter.

If I was a Titans fan, I'd be seriously concerned about Mariotta's long-term durability. Hopefully, for their sake, his rookie year was just a down year plagued by a couple injuries. 95% of NFL'ers have those type of years. He could bounce back

Return to “Tennessee Titans”