Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 am

Chris Johnson ticked off at Titans for signing Shonn Greene

Sponsor

Sponsor

truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Chris Johnson ticked off at Tians for signing Shonn Gree

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:56 am

he is shonne greene, and he is chris johnson. what does he have to be worried about. maybe he believes the titans OL is so good that even shonne greene could do well.

its bull how most of the time a franchise would risk their whole season on 1 player. like with QB most of the time. teams have nothing for a backup and are okay with forfeiting the season if the #1 QB hits IR.

i think QBs & RBs should have to get over that fear.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Chris Johnson ticked off at Tians for signing Shonn Gree

Postby Danchat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:
its bull how most of the time a franchise would risk their whole season on 1 player. like with QB most of the time. teams have nothing for a backup and are okay with forfeiting the season if the #1 QB hits IR.

Ha... almost sounds like you're talking about the Vikings having Webb start in the playoffs there.

They overpaid for Greene, and he shouldn't be there for 3 years. He'll get cut after 1/2 seasons. However it's not a terrible idea for him to be there.
All it means is that they are going to be a super-run team and obviously don't trust Locker throwing the ball often.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Chris Johnson ticked off at Titans for signing Shonn Gre

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Danchat wrote:They overpaid for Greene, and he shouldn't be there for 3 years. He'll get cut after 1/2 seasons. However it's not a terrible idea for him to be there.
All it means is that they are going to be a super-run team and obviously don't trust Locker throwing the ball often.

I guess the Titans still wish they had Eddie George? (Sorry he was a Dallas Cowboy :D )

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Green looked pretty good last night.

Johnson may find himself on the trade block if Green turns in another performance like that.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:02 pm

AaronS wrote:Green looked pretty good last night.

Johnson may find himself on the trade block if Green turns in another performance like that.

Ummmm... are you kidding? I can't tell.
Greene has had great games before (see 2010 playoffs) but for the last two seasons has been too slow and given every opportunity to be a great RB.
Johnson may not be as tradeable as you think with his big contract....
Plus, never take a preseason game into much consideration. We've seen players be stars in them and bomb out in the regular season. Happens more in baseball, though.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:12 pm

AaronS wrote:Green looked pretty good last night.

Beating backups during the preseason isn't usually the best standard to go off of.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Danchat wrote:Plus, never take a preseason game into much consideration. We've seen players be stars in them and bomb out in the regular season. Happens more in baseball, though.

That isn't always the case. Back in Arian Foster's second season, I watched Houston in the preseason and drafted Foster into my fantasy team. Most people didn't know who he was, and no one thought he would start until right near the end of the preseason. He became my best player and one of the reasons I won the championship. I had him and Peterson, two of the top three runners.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rampski
All-Pro

Postby rampski » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:Plus, never take a preseason game into much consideration. We've seen players be stars in them and bomb out in the regular season. Happens more in baseball, though.

That isn't always the case. Back in Arian Foster's second season, I watched Houston in the preseason and drafted Foster into my fantasy team. Most people didn't know who he was, and no one thought he would start until right near the end of the preseason. He became my best player and one of the reasons I won the championship. I had him and Peterson, two of the top three runners.

I remember seeing Victor Cruz play lights out in the preseason a couple seasons ago, so I'm totally going to agree with RevanFan and say it does sometimes matter. I think when a guy can go out there and play lights out.. it makes a small impact. I will say in Greene's case, they may have found themselves a nice balance in the backfield, but I wouldn't go as far as saying Johnson will be sitting on the trade block.
Madden PC Network Founder (Est. 2010) - http://www.maddenpcnetwork.com
MPNL Founder (now, simply a member) - http://mpn.ezleagues.net
MPN Roster Project Lead - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15109

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 pm

OK, I can see what you guys mean. I just remember some cases.... it must have been from baseball, not football. I do remember Cruz being really good....

Return to “Tennessee Titans”