Tannehill is actually doing decent.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:21 am

As much as Tannehill flamed out in Miami, I'm glad the Titans have him as the quarterback now. Sure, the Titans lost to the Panthers but the way Tannehill is moving the ball around to his wide receivers is really fun to watch. He also has a good sense of when to tuck and run or succumb to the pressure. While the Titans probably won't make the playoffs I hope Tannehill has a good year and resurrects his image a bit. He's way better than Mariota at this part. The Mariota train is derailed just like Jameis Winston and both will be career backups and nothing more in the league.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Tannehill is actually doing decent.

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:51 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:As much as Tannehill flamed out in Miami, I'm glad the Titans have him as the quarterback now. Sure, the Titans lost to the Panthers but the way Tannehill is moving the ball around to his wide receivers is really fun to watch. He also has a good sense of when to tuck and run or succumb to the pressure. While the Titans probably won't make the playoffs I hope Tannehill has a good year and resurrects his image a bit. He's way better than Mariota at this part. The Mariota train is derailed just like Jameis Winston and both will be career backups and nothing more in the league.

Last I checked Jameis Winston is still a starter and almost beat the Seahawks. I'm no fan of his but you can't exactly say his train is derailed.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:50 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:As much as Tannehill flamed out in Miami, I'm glad the Titans have him as the quarterback now. Sure, the Titans lost to the Panthers but the way Tannehill is moving the ball around to his wide receivers is really fun to watch. He also has a good sense of when to tuck and run or succumb to the pressure. While the Titans probably won't make the playoffs I hope Tannehill has a good year and resurrects his image a bit. He's way better than Mariota at this part. The Mariota train is derailed just like Jameis Winston and both will be career backups and nothing more in the league.

Last I checked Jameis Winston is still a starter and almost beat the Seahawks. I'm no fan of his but you can't exactly say his train is derailed.

He's like Fitzpatrick, goes hot one week then cold the next.....he also turns the ball over quite a bit. Even though the last game had no ints and the fumble was caused by his lineman getting pushed into him......he's not a long term solution in Tampa Bay. He's Josh Freeman 2.0.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 am

I really like the way Tannehill is playing. He was pretty much the reason the Titans beat the chiefs on the comeback win. I didn't get to watch the game due to work but I watched the highlights and was impressed. The dude brings an element of toughness running on 3rd and 10 for a qb scramble in a must score drive at the end. His 2 point conversion was really gritty against a linebacker. Sure he hasn't had much success in his career overall, but the dude is seeing the field way better than Mariota at this stage of the game. His pocket awareness and ball placement is really good compared to Mariota. I hope he at least gives the Titans a winning record by year's end. Even if he isn't the starter next season and the Titans draft a qb, they should re-sign and keep Tannehill as a backup. The guy is solid and may not wow you on every play but a tough reliable backup qb is a good assett to have as many teams will also agree particularly this year with so many injuries to starter QBs.

The other ironic thing is I have had a custom Titans jersey with #17 for years as it's my favorite number. Tannehill picked that number this year for his own lol. He's quickly becoming a favorite player of mine to watch if he continues his good play. I like to watch guys comeback from injuries/bad overall play and battle with the best in the league. Hopefully he doesn't lay a dud on the next game and builds off this solid performance.

Return to “Tennessee Titans”