Urban Meyer gets canned after 2-11 record

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:05 am

Wow, no growing pains here. No learning curve to master. In the past coaches were give a couple years to get it right. But recently, NFL coaches get fired if they get off to a dismal start. Some like Meyer, don't make through the season. Why did Urban Meyer get the axe? In madden, there's a role "Team Distraction" that comes to mind. I didn't think he was ready for the NFL.

Reports state the Jags are refusing to pay Meyer the remaining portion of his four year deal that's worth $50 Mil. What's next for the Jags, where do the go from here?

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Re: Urban Meyer gets canned after 2-11 record

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:51 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Wow, no growing pains here. No learning curve to master. In the past coaches were give a couple years to get it right. But recently, NFL coaches get fired if they get off to a dismal start. Some like Meyer, don't make through the season. Why did Urban Meyer get the axe? In madden, there's a role "Team Distraction" that comes to mind. I didn't think he was ready for the NFL.

Reports state the Jags are refusing to pay Meyer the remaining portion of his four year deal that's worth $50 Mil. What's next for the Jags, where do the go from here?

Meyer got the axe for multiple reasons, the final straw was when he kicked his kicker in practice.

Meyer: *Kicks player with half power* "Make your kicks dip(poop)!"

Kicker: "Don't you ever (f word) kick me again."

Meyer: "I'm the head ball coach I'll kick whoever I want."

My guess is that the Jags hire Eric Beneimy from the Chiefs, he's been getting passed over there past few years.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:31 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Wow, no growing pains here. No learning curve to master. In the past coaches were give a couple years to get it right. But recently, NFL coaches get fired if they get off to a dismal start. Some like Meyer, don't make through the season. Why did Urban Meyer get the axe? In madden, there's a role "Team Distraction" that comes to mind. I didn't think he was ready for the NFL.

Meyer got the axe for multiple reasons, the final straw was when he kicked his kicker in practice.

Meyer: *Kicks player with half power* "Make your kicks dip(poop)!"

Kicker: "Don't you ever (f word) kick me again."

Meyer: "I'm the head ball coach I'll kick whoever I want."

My guess is that the Jags hire Eric Beneimy from the Chiefs, he's been getting passed over there past few years.

Well, that is "cause" to fire him and not pay him. Sheesh :roll:

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:49 pm

I think Meyer can get back into college coaching, maybe even take the year off before doing it. It'll give colleges more time to show him the nightlife and which bars he can hit on students at.

Return to “Jacksonville Jaguars”