Bortles could be in trouble

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:29 pm

Was just reading around and discovered that the Jags signed Landry Jones. He used to be Big Ben's backup and he's a solid, dependable QB that wasn't kept because there were 2 other QBs that were cheaper. As far as I know, Bortles is still the starter and Cody Kessler is the backup, and I don't think that the jags would like to bench their now extended QB. Then again, he got benched against the Texans and the team is falling apart, so Bortles is not the only one to blame. Still, thoughts?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Bortles could be in trouble

Postby Danchat » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Was just reading around and discovered that the Jags signed Landry Jones. He used to be Big Ben's backup and he's a solid, dependable QB that wasn't kept because there were 2 other QBs that were cheaper. As far as I know, Bortles is still the starter and Cody Kessler is the backup, and I don't think that the jags would like to bench their now extended QB. Then again, he got benched against the Texans and the team is falling apart, so Bortles is not the only one to blame. Still, thoughts?

If Landry Jones was any good, he'd be somebody else's QB by this point. He was on the free agent market for a reason.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Was just reading around and discovered that the Jags signed Landry Jones. He used to be Big Ben's backup and he's a solid, dependable QB that wasn't kept because there were 2 other QBs that were cheaper. As far as I know, Bortles is still the starter and Cody Kessler is the backup, and I don't think that the jags would like to bench their now extended QB. Then again, he got benched against the Texans and the team is falling apart, so Bortles is not the only one to blame. Still, thoughts?

The reports down here are that Bortles has an injury to his non-throwing shoulder and Jones was signed as an insurance policy. Frankly, I have no doubt that Jones would provide a better option than Bortles. Bortles is that bad.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:19 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
The reports down here are that Bortles has an injury to his non-throwing shoulder and Jones was signed as an insurance policy. Frankly, I have no doubt that Jones would provide a better option than Bortles. Bortles is that bad.

I was hoping that they would make a trade to the Saints for Teddy Bridgewater at the deadline. Actually, I was hoping they would grab him as a free agent during the off season.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:33 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

I was hoping that they would make a trade to the Saints for Teddy Bridgewater at the deadline. Actually, I was hoping they would grab him as a free agent during the off season.

I would have been all for that. Although, I’d be concerned about Teddy’s durability.

Return to “Jacksonville Jaguars”