I'm sorry, but this does make me laugh...

I'm sorry, but this does make me laugh...

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: I'm sorry, but this does make me laugh...

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Hey, the Ravens won a championship with Trent Dilfer.

This year may not be the year for JAX, but you should feel optimistic for '18. Several starting-caliber QB's with expiring contracts; Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Drew Brees.
Can you imagine your defense with Drew Brees??? That's an instant contender. I would think that, at his age, Brees would LOVE to have a Back like Fournette.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:42 am

If Dallas can't win a Super Bowl with Dak, but the Jags can win one with Blake Freaking Bortles, I'm gonna lose it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:40 pm

The AFC South looks tougher than it was a few years ago....and if the Jags actually want to go to the Super Bowl, they need to try much harder with Blake Chokers at QB

And I did laugh :D

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 pm

1312qohelet wrote:

Hey, the Ravens won a championship with Trent Dilfer.

This year may not be the year for JAX, but you should feel optimistic for '18. Several starting-caliber QB's with expiring contracts; Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Drew Brees.
Can you imagine your defense with Drew Brees??? That's an instant contender. I would think that, at his age, Brees would LOVE to have a Back like Fournette.

Kirk Cousins could be okay if given a strong receiver class to work with. Bridgeovertroubledwater and Bradford both come with their own risks, Teddy's being the question of whether he'll play well again, and Bradford's being the question of whether he'll start more than five games again. Brees would be interesting, but I can't see him lasting much longer.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 pm

NickyJ wrote:Kirk Cousins could be okay if given a strong receiver class to work with. Bridgeovertroubledwater and Bradford both come with their own risks, Teddy's being the question of whether he'll play well again, and Bradford's being the question of whether he'll start more than five games again. Brees would be interesting, but I can't see him lasting much longer.

If available, Brees would be the best fit for a "win now" scenario.
Cousins is a potential long-term option, if the Coaching Staff and Scouts think highly of him. If they can afford him, of course....he'll be looking a multi-year contract with big money.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:11 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Kirk Cousins could be okay if given a strong receiver class to work with. Bridgeovertroubledwater and Bradford both come with their own risks, Teddy's being the question of whether he'll play well again, and Bradford's being the question of whether he'll start more than five games again. Brees would be interesting, but I can't see him lasting much longer.

If available, Brees would be the best fit for a "win now" scenario.
Cousins is a potential long-term option, if the Coaching Staff and Scouts think highly of him. If they can afford him, of course....he'll be looking a multi-year contract with big money.

I would be completely happy with either one of them provided they also draft a QB that can be brought along as the future option, especially if they were to sign Brees. They really are just a QB away from being a playoff contender.

Return to “Jacksonville Jaguars”