Blaine Gabbert

Littleware
Banned
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:33 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby Littleware » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 am

NickyJ wrote:The Broncos and Vikings are set. Tebow, no matter what the knocks against him are, is 6-1. Ponder is stuck with a rotten team, but is looking pretty good; the Bills have Fitzpatrick, who is at least as good as Garrard; and the Dolphins are doing remarkably well with Matt Moore.


You mean Jiz-wac-trick... Kidding right! Fitz has never had a Top ten QB passer rating, or completion pct, ever! Garrard was 7th at the end of the season last year. Josh Freeman won't ever crack the top ten either. The Bucs were playing good team footballs last season. They had a solid running game and their defense showed up regularly. They only relied on Freeman to manage the games, not take over and win big! Fitzpatrick is imo rated C-, while Garrard was a tough B+. He was in the Top ten in Passing PCT and Overall QB rating last season. Something Del Rio clearly undervalued. You'll never see Jiz-wac-trick in the top ten of any of the stats that define a top tier NFL qb. I won't ever waste words on Miami and Matt Moore!

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Littleware
Banned
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:33 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby Littleware » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm

"The Vikings are set at QB" with Ponder... He says! Really!

Tim Tebow only complete's 52% of his passes and has a 68% QB rating, and labeled as improving?!? Really!

Matt Prater kick's two 50+ yard field goals and Tebow is labeled the games hero... Really!

Dan Bailey misses two game winning / tying field goals in back to back games, yet he's labeled as having a Pro Bowl season... Really!

!Most of you should stick to fantasy football and modding Madden so you can have all 99 rated players... No, really!

I'm gonna build a "TOOL" shed for you guys to hang out! Seriously!

NFLVICK7
MVP
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Have to disagree on freeman. He actually was a huge reason for their good year last year. All those game winning drives not to mention what he have like 25 TD's and something like 5 or 6 picks? Thats a good year. The Bucs are just young and undisciplined but it looks like Raheem is fixing that. Like when he sent that dude home ahaha.

Freeman is good QB.

Tebow gets a ton of credit, but in all honesty if his D has a bad game he couldn't put up enough points to win. But to be fair Tebow is improving. But I mean he really couldn't have been much worse.

And Give Bailey a break. A blocked FG isn't his fault.
Image
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 pm

You know what, I think we outta start a separate thread for Tebow because this is getting off topic. But I'll say this, the reason people are attributing all of Denver's recent success to him is because QB is such an important position. Yeah their defense is good but when he throws a TD or when they win the game, they're heading over to Tebow to hug him and stuff. The play of the QB has more power to instill confidence in other players than vice versa (unless you're Rudy Ruettiger) and as well, there's probably some personality factors that the team has bought into. It's not a religious thing either. Philip Rivers is pretty religious too but you don't see guys heading over to him after every TD.

Some stats: Tebow’s only thrown one INT in his seven wins. Yesterday, he went 3 of 17 for 45, and then goes 15 of 20 for 163 the rest of the game. Mind boggling, I know...
Image

NFLVICK7
MVP
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:You know what, I think we outta start a separate thread for Tebow because this is getting off topic. But I'll say this, the reason people are attributing all of Denver's recent success to him is because QB is such an important position. Yeah their defense is good but when he throws a TD or when they win the game, they're heading over to Tebow to hug him and stuff. The play of the QB has more power to instill confidence in other players than vice versa (unless you're Rudy Ruettiger) and as well, there's probably some personality factors that the team has bought into. It's not a religious thing either. Philip Rivers is pretty religious too but you don't see guys heading over to him after every TD.

Some stats: Tebow’s only thrown one INT in his seven wins. Yesterday, he went 3 of 17 for 45, and then goes 15 of 20 for 163 the rest of the game. Mind boggling, I know...

But that's what I mean. What if they run into a team who hangs 30 on them in the first 3 quarters? Tebow has to learn to play well the entire game. The Broncos should thank Dumervill, Dawkins (Who I wish was still an eagle), Miller, and Bailey. They are the number one reason why Tebow even has a shot at these come backs. And How about some love for Willis McGahee? He's been good this year.

Tebow has done some good things. But he gets a lot of credit for things that aren't just him. Sure the Locker room is a tight nit group which is great. Because football is a team sport. I think people lose site of that. It isn't just Tebow. These guys are playing great as a TEAM. This isn't one man doing everything like people are making it seem.

And the reason for his Low INT numbers are because when he misses, they are so bad no one can catch them.
Image
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 9413
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Littleware wrote:Dan Bailey misses two game winning / tying field goals in back to back games, yet he's labeled as having a Pro Bowl season... Really!

#1 was a high snap by Ladouceur, causing McBriar to have to get out of his stance to catch the ball, and Bailey got to the ball before it was set, all because of the bad snap.
#2 was blocked.

And you realize he holds the rookie records for most game-winning/tying field goals, and most field goals made consecutively, right? And you realize that he is one of the most accurate kickers in the league, right?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:And the reason for his Low INT numbers are because when he misses, they are so bad no one can catch them.

Lol that's a good thing!
Image

NFLVICK7
MVP
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:43 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:And the reason for his Low INT numbers are because when he misses, they are so bad no one can catch them.

Lol that's a good thing!

Indeed aha.
Image
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby NickyJ » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Littleware wrote:"The Vikings are set at QB" with Ponder... He says! Really!

Yup.

Littleware wrote:Tim Tebow only complete's 52% of his passes and has a 68% QB rating, and labeled as improving?!? Really!

Matt Prater kick's two 50+ yard field goals and Tebow is labeled the games hero... Really!

Yup.

Littleware wrote:Dan Bailey misses two game winning / tying field goals in back to back games, yet he's labeled as having a Pro Bowl season... Really!

Yup.

Littleware wrote:Most of you should stick to fantasy football and modding Madden so you can have all 99 rated players... No, really!

And what makes you the expert on football, hmm? Do you claim to know more about football players than Tony Dungy? Bill Cowher? A host of other reporters and commentators? Do you really think that they know nothing compared to you?

Littleware wrote:I'm gonna build a "TOOL" shed for you guys to hang out! Seriously!

It takes one to know one. ;)
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 9413
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 pm

NickyJ wrote:Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

And what makes you the expert on football, hmm? Do you claim to know more about football players than Tony Dungy? Bill Cowher? A host of other reporters and commentators? Do you really think that they know nothing compared to you?

It takes one to know one. ;)

That... was beautiful.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.


Return to “Jacksonville Jaguars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest