QB Issue: An NFL Long time problem

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Painter has been behind Manning for the last several years. I say to give him a legitimate chance to grow into the starters role, just like they did Peyton. It's a slap in the face to him and all other QB's when the Colts decided to bring in the "old" veteran Collins. They're surely NOT going any where with Collins. So why waste time and the investment if your going to continually not give the backup's a chance. Travaris Jackson of Seattle was in a similar situation with the old man Farve. David Gurrard was also not given a fare shake. Those are a few that just stand out. There a quite a few quality backup QB's in the league, but a soon as they have a bad game, they are looked at as incapable of playing the position on a consistent high level.

It really pisses me off when a so-called elite QB throws 4 picks to cost the team chances and the game, and the coaches make excuses and stand behind them. But the non-elite QB throws 2 pick and is relegated to calling plays from the bench and questioned.

It's a "WIN NOW" league, however the situation varies from team to team. Every team can't make the play-offs or go 16-0. Every team does not have an elite QB. So let them do the best they can to perform and put on a good show for the fans... WIN, LOSE or DRAW stand by them!

it's the defense who is responsible for stopping the other team from scoring and ultimately winning, not the QB. In my opinion, QB's take on too much weight for teams. Praised too much if the team wins and over-blamed for the team's failure to win. no matter what the score. If you want to win, play great defense, that's it... a game ending like the Bengals and 49er's 13-8 is a prime example. It may have been some-what boring but the Niners AND their fans will take the win with a smile!

It's sad to see when a new QB get's thrusted into a game, the team lose and the coach complain that the QB couldn't get it done or is not ready and boot him to the bench!

Look at Mat Cassel, how in the HELL do you throw a pick on a "Screen" play??? The Chiefs lead the league in rushing last season and Cassel "managed" the games well. Now it seems they want to throw the ball 70% of the time. Which is not their style!

I hope Painter and other QB's get's a fair shake!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Indianapolis Colts”