Finally... A win

Littleware
Banned

Finally... A win

Postby Littleware » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:06 pm

It makes me wonders... I know that the colts offense is dismal, but why is the defense so anemic? I thought they'd play a lot better than they have this year. Today showed that they can still compete against mediocre teams, but I'm confused as to why their defense took 14 games off before they actually showed up and shut a team down!

None the less, their the NFL's worst and can only look to next season for redemption!

Finally... A win

Sponsor

Sponsor

superben21
MVP

Re: Finally... A win

Postby superben21 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:11 pm

They shut the Steelers down pretty well at the start of the season. :? If only their offence had scored....
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Littleware wrote:It makes me wonders... I know that the colts offense is dismal, but why is the defense so anemic? I thought they'd play a lot better than they have this year. Today showed that they can still compete against mediocre teams, but I'm confused as to why their defense took 14 games off before they actually showed up and shut a team down!

None the less, their the NFL's worst and can only look to next season for redemption!

You know, if the Colts can pull out a win in one of their last two games, the Vikings and Rams have a chance at the no. 1 draft pick.........
:shock: I think I'm cheering for the Colts now. :D
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 pm

It doesn't matter, I feel who ever get's the no.1 pick, if they pick Luck, it's no guarantee he'll be a Brady like savior. Manning went 2-15 his first season! So it's no given for Luck, he'll have to earn it!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 am

Littleware wrote:It doesn't matter, I feel who ever get's the no.1 pick, if they pick Luck, it's no guarantee he'll be a Brady like savior. Manning went 2-15 his first season! So it's no given for Luck, he'll have to earn it!

I think if the Rams pick #1, they'd trade him to a QB-desperate team. Top picks are more likely to be traded now that their contracts are much smaller, and the Rams still have hope for Bradford, seeing that he was rookie of the year last year. They could possibly get a huge deal for him if they find the right QB-desperate team. If Minnesota or Indianapolis picks #1, I think they keep Luck. Luck could learn from Manning until Manning retires, and then he would be much better off, and if he goes to Minnesota, well, Ponder has not been good, so they would be wise to hold a competition between them. This is all speculative, obviously. Things will get really interesting in April and onward.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Littleware wrote:It doesn't matter, I feel who ever get's the no.1 pick, if they pick Luck, it's no guarantee he'll be a Brady like savior. Manning went 2-15 his first season! So it's no given for Luck, he'll have to earn it!

I think if the Rams pick #1, they'd trade him to a QB-desperate team. Top picks are more likely to be traded now that their contracts are much smaller, and the Rams still have hope for Bradford, seeing that he was rookie of the year last year. They could possibly get a huge deal for him if they find the right QB-desperate team. If Minnesota or Indianapolis picks #1, I think they keep Luck. Luck could learn from Manning until Manning retires, and then he would be much better off, and if he goes to Minnesota, well, Ponder has not been good, so they would be wise to hold a competition between them. This is all speculative, obviously. Things will get really interesting in April and onward.

I agree, with you RF, if the Rams do get the no.1 pick, they need to pull a Belichick, and hoard draft picks. They have so many needs its a shame. I really thing the expansion of the NFL has really hurt. I also feel that they should consider consolidating two of the worst teams to restore a better level of competition. With the worst teams having the first dibbs on the talent available. When the league was 28 teams even the worst teams played great spoiler football during the latter part of the season.

pacey2169
Rookie

Postby pacey2169 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 pm

I think if Rams get first pick they will try to deal a trade. I can't see the viks going for another QB. Ponder isn't horrible, he just isn't great but look around he doesnt have much going for offenses weapons. Ya he got Percy Harvin and Visanthe Shiancoe obviously AP when he not injured but aint to much after that. The D has faltered much this year. So i can see them still going with Ponder and looking to use the draft to fill in holes so cant see them giving away more picks just for the 1st. Indy really need to look at future past Manning he isn't getting any younger so they may be a good option to trading for the 1st pick for a QB. However they also have lots of needs to fill.

Return to “Indianapolis Colts”