Hall of Fame

Texans trade Clowney to Seahawks and also trade Dolphins for Stills and Tunsil

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Texans trade Clowney to Seahawks and also trade Dolphins for Stills and Tunsil

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Texans trade Clowney to Seahawks and also trade Dolphins for Stills and Tunsil

Postby Danchat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:34 pm

I'm having a difficult time processing how the Texans paid more for Tunsil and Stills than the Bears paid for Khalil Mack. My goodness, that was a massive overpay. Tunsil is a fine LT, but he's not great - but 2 1sts and a 2nd for them?! IMO the Texans are not going to be good this year, just my hunch.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Texans trade Clowney to Seahawks and also trade Dolphins for Stills and Tunsil

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Danchat wrote:I'm having a difficult time processing how the Texans paid more for Tunsil and Stills than the Bears paid for Khalil Mack. My goodness, that was a massive overpay. Tunsil is a fine LT, but he's not great - but 2 1sts and a 2nd for them?! IMO the Texans are not going to be good this year, just my hunch.

They still might win that division. With Luck gone it isn't exactly the king of the AFC. I could very well see 9-7 or even 8-8 winning that division.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:I'm having a difficult time processing how the Texans paid more for Tunsil and Stills than the Bears paid for Khalil Mack. My goodness, that was a massive overpay. Tunsil is a fine LT, but he's not great - but 2 1sts and a 2nd for them?! IMO the Texans are not going to be good this year, just my hunch.

They still might win that division. With Luck gone it isn't exactly the king of the AFC. I could very well see 9-7 or even 8-8 winning that division.

I have the Texans at about 6-10, 7-9. I like Tennessee's and Indy's rosters much better, despite Watson easily being the best QB in the division.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I have the Texans at about 6-10, 7-9. I like Tennessee's and Indy's rosters much better, despite Watson easily being the best QB in the division.

Guess I'll be the guy that says "But the Jags ...". I don't think they go beyond 7-9. The defense is good, but the offense is going to hold them. Partially due to Captain Checkdown Foles at QB, but mostly because the supporting cast is ... meh.

Just because I don't think Brisset is that good and that the defense will regress a bit (They are facing better offenses this year), I still think it's either the Titans at 9-7 or the Texans at 9-7, if Watson is still alive behind that O-Line. Maybe even 10-6.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Houston Texans”