Texans Release Foster

RevanFan
Legend

Texans Release Foster

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:55 am

Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Texans Release Foster

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Texans Release Foster

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640966/article/texans-releasing-arian-foster

With all of his injuries stacking up, he might be done. It's too bad, he sure was good......and fun to watch. Being an un-drafted rookie and having the career he's had so far, pretty impressive.

If he's healthy, he definately makes his team better. Maybe someone will give him a shot, like Stephen Jackson got from ATL. Jackson regressed those two years, but atleast he had a chance

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:36 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640966/article/texans-releasing-arian-foster

With all of his injuries stacking up, he might be done. It's too bad, he sure was good......and fun to watch. Being an un-drafted rookie and having the career he's had so far, pretty impressive.

If he's healthy, he definately makes his team better. Maybe someone will give him a shot, like Stephen Jackson got from ATL. Jackson regressed those two years, but atleast he had a chance

Yea Im thinking someone like the pats/packers will give him a shot as a pass catching back/3rd down guy.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:11 am

Foster has averaged just over 19 rush attempts per game played over his NFL career; exactly 20 rush attempts per game played if you ignore his rookie year. Last year only Adrian Peterson had over 20 Rushing attempts per game and Le'Veon Bell, Jonathan Stewart and Doug Martin were the only others with 18 or more--with Bell only playing in 6 games last year and Stewart 13.

If a team has a good RB--and especially if they also have the poor level of QB play that the Texans have suffered through--there is a real temptation to just keep giving it to the RB until his body simply can't handle the load.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:14 am

I think it would be interesting to see Foster come to Dallas, for the right price. He would split time with McFadden, who stayed healthy for most of last season, so he wouldn't get as heavy a workload, and he'd be behind arguably the best line in football. And he'd be staying in the same state, so that's a bonus.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:I think it would be interesting to see Foster come to Dallas, for the right price. He would split time with McFadden, who stayed healthy for most of last season, so he wouldn't get as heavy a workload, and he'd be behind arguably the best line in football. And he'd be staying in the same state, so that's a bonus.

That line y'all got in Dallas is monstrous! Arian would run wild behind them boys. With McFadden as backup, they'd lead the league in rushing. And if Romo an Dez can get back to what they had in '14.....look out

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:26 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I think it would be interesting to see Foster come to Dallas, for the right price. He would split time with McFadden, who stayed healthy for most of last season, so he wouldn't get as heavy a workload, and he'd be behind arguably the best line in football. And he'd be staying in the same state, so that's a bonus.

That line y'all got in Dallas is monstrous! Arian would run wild behind them boys. With McFadden as backup, they'd lead the league in rushing. And if Romo an Dez can get back to what they had in '14.....look out

If Foster, Romo, and Dez could stay healthy, that is.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Danchat wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

If Foster, Romo, and Dez could stay healthy, that is.

Each of those players have definately had to deal with multiple injuries

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:45 pm

John Clayton thinks Seattle will go after him.

.. I'd love to see him in Green Bay. But something tells me he'll price himself out of Tightwad Ted's League.

Return to “Houston Texans”