Case Keenum the Future QB For Texans?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Keenum reminds me so much of Tony Romo. The only question is: Is he ready to be the Starting QB longtime?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Case Keenum the Future QB For Texans?

Postby Danchat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Austinmario wrote:Keenum reminds me so much of Tony Romo. The only question is: Is he ready to be the Starting QB longtime?

With their current record, I could see them drafting Bridgewater and possibly trading Keenum for something like a 2nd/3rd round pick. (that's a rough estimate, I have no clue on his true worth)
Or, they could draft Jadaveon Clowney and he'll team up with J. J. Watt and every QB who plays them will die. :twisted:
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Danchat wrote:
Austinmario wrote:Keenum reminds me so much of Tony Romo. The only question is: Is he ready to be the Starting QB longtime?

With their current record, I could see them drafting Bridgewater and possibly trading Keenum for something like a 2nd/3rd round pick

I guess we can say that... the Case is solved
Honestly I never bought all the hype about Keenum, there were lots of articles and analysis about how good the guy is, he did well for some weeks but recently it turned into a no show but then again, the whole team was bad. As for he being a franchise QB in Houston I think it greatly depends on the possibility of Kubiak returning as HC next season, if he's gone, probably Keenum will be gone too or used as a backup. The new coach would draft his own QB of the future but hey, let's imagine something funny: You are a General Manager for the Houston Texans, would you draft Derek Carr, yes, that Carr as your franchise QB and savior of the franchise? :lol:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:59 pm

I repeal what I said about Keenum's value. He's worth a 5th rounder at best after the Jacksonville game.
You are a General Manager for the Houston Texans, would you draft Derek Carr, yes, that Carr as your franchise QB and savior of the franchise? :lol:

That would be interesting, but you can't grade a QB based on his siblings. Carson Palmer is much better than Jordan Palmer. The Mannings' 3rd brother has no talent whatsoever. (I feel so bad for him.) :)
However, with the Texans poised for the 1st overall pick, I can't see them reaching that high for Carr. But who knows...

wolfbest
All-Pro

Postby wolfbest » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 am

are you kidding me ....he is worthless ........just my opinion.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Loxley wrote:Honestly I never bought all the hype about Keenum, there were lots of articles and analysis about how good the guy is, he did well for some weeks but recently it turned into a no show but then again, the whole team was bad. As for he being a franchise QB in Houston I think it greatly depends on the possibility of Kubiak returning as HC next season, if he's gone, probably Keenum will be gone too or used as a backup. The new coach would draft his own QB of the future but hey, let's imagine something funny: You are a General Manager for the Houston Texans, would you draft Derek Carr, yes, that Carr as your franchise QB and savior of the franchise? :lol:

So....... yeeeeeeah. Kubiak is gone.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 pm

NickyJ wrote:
Loxley wrote:Honestly I never bought all the hype about Keenum, there were lots of articles and analysis about how good the guy is, he did well for some weeks but recently it turned into a no show but then again, the whole team was bad. As for he being a franchise QB in Houston I think it greatly depends on the possibility of Kubiak returning as HC next season, if he's gone, probably Keenum will be gone too or used as a backup. The new coach would draft his own QB of the future but hey, let's imagine something funny: You are a General Manager for the Houston Texans, would you draft Derek Carr, yes, that Carr as your franchise QB and savior of the franchise? :lol:

So....... yeeeeeeah. Kubiak is gone.

:shock: That was fast. I have a feeling that it's going to be a record season for head coaches getting fired. So many teams are really bad right now. It's going to be real tough getting a good head coach with so much competition.

And Keenum is definitely not starting next season. I wonder if they'll kick the tires on T. J. Yates now.

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 pm

I actually didn't think Kubiak would get fired in season because I thought Wade Phillips looked worse as interim head coach than Kubiak did as regular HC. Now I guess Phillips and Keenum both get an audition to decide their future.

Danchat wrote: The Mannings' 3rd brother has no talent whatsoever. (I feel so bad for him.) :)

Actually, he was an all state WR in high school until it was discovered that he had spinal stenosis.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Actually, he was an all state WR in high school until it was discovered that he had spinal stenosis.

Oh, I guess I never knew that. :shock: Guess you learn something new every day.

Return to “Houston Texans”